Chief Financial Officer
- 600 Hennepin Ave #120, Minneapolis, MN, United States
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Site Location: Minneapolis
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
As a key member of the NA – Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to and directly support the North America President and needs of the overall company. The CFO will hold a strategic role in the overall Leadership of the company serving as the number two for the North American Jack Link’s Business. Primary day-to-day responsibility will be for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of Jack Link’s North America (the Company). This will include direct responsibility for accounting, Capital Expenditures, forecasting, strategic planning and coordination of legal matters. In addition, the CFO will oversee and directly manage the Finance Team within the Company.
- We are seeking an innovative, highly motivated, Leader – a Player/Coach with an engrained passion for guiding the growth initiatives of the business along with growing people – mentoring, leading, and inspiring success. An “own the problem – share the success mindset” – melded with attention to detail as well as clear grasp of a broad big picture strategic perspective. The ability to lead, empower, coach and hold accountable a professional team is vital to success in this position – as is an unwavering dedication to professionalism, integrity, and honesty with the Team, our suppliers and business partners.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Finance and/or CPA or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field
- CPA license and/or CMA certification
- Minimum 10 Years of Experience in leading as a Financial Director or above
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the President, Global Leadership Team and other JLBJ Leadership to incorporate the strategic vision into planning for the future of the company. This will include evaluating the general financial management and budgeting processes and the general internal controls and accounting systems.
- Provide cause and affect analysis on customer program proposals, working closely with the sales team. Track key trends and analyze data that is critical to evaluating business performance.
- Lead and establish programs that optimize liquidity, improve operating, investing and financing cash flows and minimize risks.
- Prepare all required financial statements and reports for internal and external use, including the Advisory Board, the Global Leadership Team and JLBJ Holdings. Ensure it is accurate, timely and relevant and provides direction on a forward-looking basis to support business decisions.
- Maximize efficiency with the supply chain group. Enhance and simplify communication and system information flow so that decisions are made with the business top of mind.
- Guide the company to reach cost reduction efforts within supply chain and trade management – from product cost initiatives to distribution related activities
- Lead the Company’s general financial management and budgeting processes
- Drive cash flow optimization activities and ensure that they reflect prudent expense containment while enabling strategic investments to be made in order to fuel profitable growth
- Identify, implement and operate general internal controls to insure that they are effective, efficient and adequate. Institute proactive programs that support business initiatives and maximize profitability.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure the continued professional development of the current and future finance team including succession planning with HR
- Develop processes and invest in systems and technology to improve the accounting and administrative functions
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas including channels and product innovation
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible finance experience, with 3-5 years as one of the lead financial people within a small/mid-cap company where hands-on involvement was required to succeed
- A demonstrated background in analysis of business activities to evaluate and determine the resulting financial impact. Creative problem-solving capabilities with a proven record of taking ownership of issues and orchestrating resources to meet goals. Experience within an entrepreneurial environment with lean resources.
- A demonstrated understanding of revenue forecasting
- A high level of integrity and dependability, with a clear bias for action and a strong orientation for the attainment of results
- A solid foundation in GAAP, accounting theory and accounting standards is necessary. Exposure to cash management, administrative and operational responsibilities, budgeting and EBITDA forecasting.
- Strategically focused leadership skills that include superior communication skills, team-based motivational tactics, creative instincts and the ability to implement Company goals
- Ability to provide balance of high level tactical and strategic abilities with hands-on, get the job done approach
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is continually evolving and will be able to adapt quickly and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace
- A demonstrated ability to lead – marshaling human capital, internal and external resources, relationships and competitive intelligence
- Exceptional presentation ability and the capability to establish and maintain high levels of trust, decisiveness and deliverability
- Strong track record of cross functional team leadership within the organization and across the customer base
- Specialized experience in the CPG industry, including but not limited to: multiple channels & retailer landscape, manufacturing & co-packers, distributors & brokers, tradespend, etc.
- "Hands On" ERP Systems Experience – SAP Platform or other applicable system
Approximately 10%-15% travel depending on business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet/slippery floors. However, the vast amount of work is conducted in a climate-controlled office. Travel may be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.