Customer Development Manager
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Remote
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
As a Customer Development Manager (CDM) in our Foodservice channel you will grow and develop total Jack Link’s sales & profitability. You will work closely with the Director of Sales to develop and implement detailed strategic sales plans for the channel. This includes executing strategic sales calls in the Western Region market and national account business development. The ideal candidate will live in the Western part of the United States, close to a major airport.
Specifically, you will:
- Achieve top & bottom line sales & profit goals with a significant focus on generating profitable growth.
- Develop plans for channel-specific business opportunities focused on expanding Jack Link’s presence in existing outlets and gaining new distribution in new outlets.
- Work independently, as well as working with our broker network, to generate sales opportunities in the Foodservice segment.
- Responsible for analyzing sales territory and developing an action plan to achieve sales goals.
- Create and present information in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Effectively wire relationships throughout customer organizations and at various levels internally at Jack Link’s: Operations, Supply Planning, and Marketing.
- Provide creative solutions that best represent Jack Link’s in the marketplace.
- Manage deduction & AR issues on all applicable accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- 3+ years of CPG account management experience, with an emphasis on K-12 and Foodservice.
- Developing and executing strategic sales plans.
- Strong analytical capabilities: able to identify trends, opportunities and business insights.
- Strong business acumen
- Trade Promotion Management System experience preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Strong skill level in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Goal oriented & well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working cross-functionally with internal and external teams.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization.
- Be able to handle and make tough decisions on behalf of the company.
- Proactive (high sense of urgency) and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
- Travel at least 35-50%
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.