Maintenance Technician - Friday-Sunday days
- 1829 1st Ave, Mankato, MN 56001, USA
- Sub-Department: Engineering & Maintenance
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Mankato
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
3rd shift (Fri-Sun 5am-6:30pm)
The maintenance technician’s role is to keep the plant and equipment running in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains and repairs building and equipment. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Demand Maintenance as assigned: Skill in diagnosing equipment defects and making necessary repairs.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot machinery, ovens, mechanical lift trucks, and facilities problems as needed for production issues and efficiency.
- Safety operate various machines, including a Band Saw, Break Press, Mill, Lathe, Grinder, etc.
- Inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Maintain all areas of the shop, boiler room, and the interior/exterior of the plant.
- Troubleshoot electrical functions (i.e. motors, controls, PLC function, and other basic wiring)
- Confers with management and suppliers to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment
- Complete Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assist with inventory control of tools and parts on hand.
- Work with tools and power equipment as well as material handling.
- Operate mechanical forklift, pallet jack, battery-changer and stock picker.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor/manager.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Required Education: High school diploma or GED
Required Experience: 1-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing.
- Facility maintenance experience preferred
- Industrial mechanical experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical safety practices
- Prior Knowledge of food processing equipment helpful.
- Electrical and electrical troubleshooting of 120/240/480 3ph systems.
- Troubleshooting PLC and frequency drives.
- Welding (both MIG and TIG).
- Bachelor’s Degree Machining or Electrical
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine breakdown, preventive maintenance and other maintenance related reports and correspondence.
- Intermediate verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and techniques used in the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trades (i.e. welding, tap measure, band saw, lathe, caliper, micrometer, etc.).
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and with teams
- Project oriented
- Multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and team members
Jack link's is a family-owned, family-run business, and the #1 manufacturer of protein snacks worldwide.
- Steady, predictable shifts
- A passionate team
- Strong family values
- Career opportunities with a goal to promote from within
- Competitive pay including a bonus plan
- Great benefits including a medical plan, dental plan and vision plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Discounted product
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).