Category and Shopper Marketing Manager EMEA
- Moermanskkade, 1013 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Marketing
- Site Location: Amsterdam
Jack Link's is not made up of a bunch of button-up, corporate types. Like our brands and products, we believe in being authentic and genuine. Life is too short to be artificial. We have never done things the way everyone else does. Over the years, for us these facts have always been more than just a way of doing business, it has been a way of life.
What makes working at Jack Link’s so special? Jack Link’s is a company for personal growth, for awesome characters who are real, love speed and with great self discipline. You can feed your wild side while working in a very international and fresh environment. We push hard and take risks - with the unwavering passion to get done what we have set out to do. All backed up by an unflinching eye on quality.
Jack Link’s is a family owned and value driven company. In April 2014 Jack Link’s bought the brands BiFi and Peperami from Unilever. The remainder of the year was used to implement the brands and organisation in a new head office organisation in Amsterdam. In 2016 the Beef Jerky product was integrated and Jack Link’s EMEA was up and running autonomously. In the meantime, Jack Links EMEA has grown to 60 employees and is still growing.
Who are we looking for:
A conceptual thinker, highly analytical and with a love for interpreting all the data, with an eye for detail. A problem solver, with a business acumen; result-driven, great knowledge of different cultures and their way of working in the EMEA area (at least DACH). Independent, a self-starter who wants to be in front of our customers to further develop the meat snacks category. You are part of the marketing team and reporting to the Head of Category Management.
Purpose of the Job:
Deliver category growth and incremental sales on customer specific level, by telling insights through range, space, promotions, formats, shopper marketing and retail execution.
- Continue to build our category relationships with our main european key accounts, shopper focused partnerships with our retailers, as the shopper is our common stakeholder
- Deliver actionable category insights that targets to change shopper behavior in short- and longterm
- Co-create category growth plans with our customers
- Leading customer teams and being the competence center for shopper and category within these teams
- Internal consultant and single point of contact for all commercial and market driven insights (shopper)
- Contribute to category vision focusing on shopper insights, category definition and segmentation, category drivers and point of purchase
- Develop shopper led selling stories for new products and launches and pitch them in front of retailers
- Develop and implement individual shopper marketing programs targeted to retailers, wholesalers and distributors, coordinate and implement these
o Provide input to development standards for POS execution and sales folders, brief/train sales people, manage commercial Capex and POSM, evaluate activities and share learnings.
o What ever you think is necessary to drive category growth
- Embracing the Jack Link’s culture, incorporating its values into every day work life, acting as a culture ambassador and brand steward
- Master degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in FMCG/Food
- Working experience within a German based FMCG company
Professional skills & key competencies:
- Thorough knowledge of the German retail market in Food, including Discounters
- Understanding of peculiarities/differences in European FMCG markets
- Certified GS1 Category Manager is a plus
- Category Insight experience with a working knowledge of Trade- and Shopper Panels (IRI, Nielsen, GfK SimIt etc)
- Growth mindeset
- Loving number analysis, is extremely accurate
- Hands on mentality, getting things done, drive for results
- Loving running the show in front of our customers
- Effective communication, planning and influencing skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic ‘self-starter’
- Fluent in professional English and German. Other European languages preferred
What is in for you:
- All the freedom you need
- Front to back trust from your manager
- Empathic colleagues
- Budget responsibility