2nd Shift Operations Supervisor M-Th 430p-3a
- 26325 Magnolia Rd, Underwood, IA 51576, USA
- Sub-Department: Warehouse
- Department: Supply Chain
- Site Location: Underwood
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Oversees all Team Members in the Operations department on 2nd shift. Plans, directs, and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary to accomplishes production goals. Communicates expectations to team; plan monitoring, and appraising results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures smooth operation of processes at the Underwood distribution center
- Ensure safety observations are being performed to coach and counsel associates on safety procedures
- Plan and manage all financial aspects, including operating budget and expenses along with staffing levels and productivity to maintain a cost-effective operation
- Improves operational effectiveness by streamlining business work processes, procedures and improving information transfer between internal departments
- Drive operational changes and foster continuous improvement
- Manages day to day operations to mitigate the company’s fixed and variable costs
- Aligns company wide goals and objectives to internal resources, eliminates redundant work processes and procedures, and enacts plans to reduce overall business costs
- Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with management and staff members as necessary
- Provides a working environment that allows employees to reach their full potential
- Effectively manage conflict resolution between employees and between internal departments
- Hires, trains, evaluates and develops employees
- Working with Human Resources, implements employee corrective action procedures when necessary
- Responsible for inventory & supply chain management, as well as logistics requirements
- Uses reports and analysis to find ways to reduce production costs while lowering the cost of inventory, and delivering the product to customers in a cost-efficient manner
- Monitors businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Experience in LEAN
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams both on and off site
- P&L management experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Write or help facilitate the creation of SOP’s/Standard Work
- Works with HR to Develop standards for training, team engagement, and hiring
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of distribution center models and logistics processes
- Ability to communicate professionally with people both inside and outside the organization
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required;
- 5 years’ experience in distribution management;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Jack link's is a family-owned, family-run business, and the #1 manufacturer of protein snacks worldwide.
- Steady, predictable shifts
- A passionate team
- Strong family values
- Career opportunities with a goal to promote from within
- Competitive pay including a bonus plan
- Great benefits including a medical plan, dental plan and vision plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Discounted product
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant/office setting. It is clean and dry with climate-controlled environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.