Jr. Online Business Developer
- Moermanskkade, 1013 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Amsterdam
Jack Link's is not made up of a bunch of button-up, corporate types. Like our brands and products, we believe in being authentic and genuine. Life is too short to be artificial. We have never done things the way everyone else does. Over the years, for us these facts have always been more than just a way of doing business, it has been a way of life.
What makes working at Jack Link’s so special? Jack Link’s is a company for personal growth, for awesome characters who are real, love speed and with great self discipline. You can feed your wild side while working in a very international and fresh environment. We push hard and take risks - with the unwavering passion to get done what we have set out to do. All backed up by an unflinching eye on quality.
Jack Link’s is a family owned and value driven company. In April 2014 Jack Link’s bought the brands BiFi and Peperami from Unilever. The remainder of the year was used to implement the brands and organisation in a new head office organisation in Amsterdam. In 2016 the Beef Jerky product was integrated and Jack Link’s EMEA was up and running autonomously. In the meantime, Jack Links EMEA has grown to 550 employees and is still growing.
The FMCG E-commerce market is on the move and its players are innovating at a high pace. The online channel offers a lot of opportunities for LSI and is marked as having strategic importance.
Having taken the first few steps in online, we are ready to accelerate. For that we need to develop the online business further by a) developing our customer portfolio (quantity) and b) optimizing our execution with our current customers (quality). The only way to improve our commercial excellence in the e-commerce channel we need to look at it from a shopper perspective. What are the right touchpoints on the shopper journey to maximize category sales? Where and how do we have to reach out to the shopper to activate him to buy our products? How does an activation look like and how should it be executed online? So room for fact-based, creative and success-driven implementations.
- Planning, coordination and optimization of online visibility, advertising and trade marketing activities in line with the overall E-commerce strategy to win with customers, our various brands & end consumers
- Using commercial acumen to drive commercial targets, such as sales, market-share and profitability, through perfect plan and execution in partnership with our online trade partners
- Day to day monitoring, operations and optimization for our products on various marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay and Bol.com
- Coordination and alignment of online activities with our dedicated Online Agencies
- Developing and growing new business opportunities and be their first point of contact
- Creating strong plans and perfect execution to win with our online retailers
- Contributing to the growth and execution excellence of the online channel
- Contributing to the setup and success of the new E-commerce team
- Generate shopper/consumer insights online based on consumer/shopper barriers, beliefs and behaviours and translate the insights into POS activations relevant for consumption occasions
- Generate customer insights online and translate them into trade activation programs for specific
- Lead analysis of channel profitability data and promotional activities
- Develop yearly channel activation plans, brand activations and yearly commercial calendars for the online
- Embrace the Jack Link’s culture, incorporating its values into every day work life, acting as a culture ambassador and brand steward
- 1,5 - 3 years work experience
- Bachelor degree
- Proven background and knowhow in Digital marketing, E-Commerce and/or E-retail
- FMCG/food retail experience is a plus, but not a pre-requisite
- Solid team player with strong commercial and analytical skills to distill actionable insights from data
- Highly self-motivated
- Required language skills:
o Excellent or native German
- Proactive & innovative mindset combined with a healthy dose of pragmatism in order to deal with day to day challenges
- Result-driven (ROI/Conversion oriented)
- Start-up mentality; entrepreneurial and high ownership
- Relationship driven
- Growth hacker
- All-rounder (certainly no specialist) with a broad interest; willing to learn every day.
- Rational thinker with great analytical skills