Sales Planning Analyst
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Minneapolis
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We're not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It's in our DNA. We've turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world's largest meat snack business, that's still proudly family owned and operated.
We're a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link's Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as a Sales Planning Analyst (SPA)! In this role, you will be a member of our Sales Planning Analytics team whose purpose is to teach and train the organization on how to correctly utilize internal sales planning tool (SPT). This team is the team of system experts who translate that knowledge across all functions of the organization. In this role, you will work cross functionally with sales and trade marketing managers (TMM) to ensure the effective and efficient expenditure of trade funds through analysis of current and future promotional activity. Our Sales Planning Analysts learn about how sales promotions work across our sales channels in addition to owning identified projects.
Specifically you will work within these areas:
Sales Planning Tool (SPT):
- Educate/coach the organization how to accurately utilize and navigate the sales planning tool(SPT) and reporting functions within
- Provide consistent direction and training to the sales organization through regularly scheduled team calls, on-going education, and with follow up documentation
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the organization as it relates to SPT-related questions and needs
- Provide analysis of promotions to determine what's working and not working to enhance our investment deployment and ROI for Jack Link's. Analysis requires multiple data sources, such as internal claims data and Nielsen consumer data. Must be able to prepare and present findings effectively and efficiently
- Provide insights and recommendations based on key learnings to field Sales teams to enhance effectiveness and efficiency for Jack Link's and our customers
- Create Ad Hoc analysis for Sales and trade Marketing teams as needed
Ad Hoc Projects:
- Work cross functionally with IT on system upgrades, testing and enhancements to our SPT and SPT reporting functions
- Engage with cross functional departments to develop a stronger foundation on Jack Links business; with the intention of significant learning in area(s) of interest for potential career advancement and growth
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following education, experiences and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, finance, statistics.
- 1-3 years of experience in a sales analytics or sales support role
- CPG industry experience is a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience successfully navigating a changing work environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including advanced Excel skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).