Human Resources Intern
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: HR
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side® with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Link Snacks, Inc.'s family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Pepperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as our Human Resources Intern in the Summer of 2020! You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in multiple disciplines of Human Resources, learn from HR leaders and gain a practical understanding of the CPG industry. We aspire to become a Destination Employer and we would like your input to identify ways in which we can make that happen. The projects you will focus on will provide you with an understanding of our business, the ability to network with a cohort of interns across the company and meaningful projects to learn from and apply your academic experience to. At the completion of your internship, you will conduct a final presentation on your internship experience; both what you learned and how we can sustain those learnings to continuously improve our team member and candidate experience.
As a Human Resources Intern within Jack Link’s, you will work closely within the HR team, gaining formal and information training in Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS Systems.
Your internship will be based in Minneapolis, MN. You will have the opportunity to travel to and learn within our manufacturing environment as well.
Projects may include:
- Human Resources Technology: Work with HR leaders and IT partners to conduct a needs assessment to identify a Human Resources technology solution to enable our business
- Candidate Experience: Make recommendations on how we can further enhance our candidate experience at our manufacturing sites; learn about and leverage lean methodologies to improve the speed and quality of our direct labor hiring processes
- Team Member Experience: Partner with site Plant Managers and Human Resources Managers in conducting engagement & retention round table discussions to identify themes and potential actions to help us become a destination employer in the markets we serve; recommend a process to capture themes and actions across our site locations
- HR Communications: Understand how to leverage your understanding of your stakeholders to adjust messaging/communications to various groups; maximizing how you can align with others to implement HR solutions.
- Rotational HR: Work on rotational projects to gain an understanding of talent management, compensation, benefits, and HR systems.
- BA/BS Degree
- Current enrollment in a Master’s level business program, preferably in Human Resources
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Demonstrated experiences as strong team player in a changing work environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.