Junior Category Manager
- Moermanskkade, 1013 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Marketing
- Site Location: Amsterdam
Jack Link's is not made up of a bunch of button-up, corporate types. Like our brands and products, we believe in being authentic and genuine. Life is too short to be artificial. We have never done things the way everyone else does. Over the years, for us these facts have always been more than just a way of doing business, it has been a way of life.
What makes working at Jack Link’s so special? Jack Link’s is a company for personal growth, for awesome characters who are real, love speed and with great self discipline. You can feed your wild side while working in a very international and fresh environment. We push hard and take risks - with the unwavering passion to get done what we have set out to do. All backed up by an unflinching eye on quality.
Jack Link’s is a family owned and value driven company. In April 2014 Jack Link’s bought the brands BiFi and Peperami from Unilever. The remainder of the year was used to implement the brands and organisation in a new head office organisation in Amsterdam. In 2016 the Beef Jerky product was integrated and Jack Link’s EMEA was up and running autonomously. In the meantime, Jack Links EMEA has grown to 60 employees and is still growing.
Who are we looking for:
A self-starter, looking to strike a balance between data analysis and drawing meaningful insight. A candidate that has the ability to build strong relationships and enjoys presenting and advising. This role will be an integral part of the marketing function, but also with a strong link to the sales function, reporting to the Senior Category & Trade Marketing Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
Supporting the category management purpose of being trusted advisors and category thought leaders to drive growth for the category and our brands
Creating reports, analyzing data and delivering trends & insights on performance of brands and the competitive landscape both internally and externally
Deliver actionable insights to drive category growth which supports consumer trends, shopper needs and drives sales for the retailers through range, space and promotions, across all shopper channels
o Pan European remit (70% focus on the UK market, 30% Poland and the Nordics)
- Manage and create performance dashboards using Nielsen data to provide monthly actionable insight commentary to the business
- Create customer specific range, space and distribution solutions for optimal assortment for customer, category and our brands across supermarkets, .com and convenience channels
- Collaborate with sales team to deliver compelling insights to retailers
o Determining category growth opportunities whilst being the voice of the shopper and the consumer
o Budget management
- Support on coordinating, activating and evaluating, insight driven shopper marketing campaigns with UK retailers (across In-store & .COM)
- Support on POS solution development and trade marketing campaign coordination
- Degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience in FMCG/Food (within UK, advantageous)
- Strong Excel proficiency
- Experience working with service providers, Nielsen, IRI, Kantar or Dunnhumby
- Awareness of shopper marketing activation, advantageous
- An element of travel will be involved to the local markets (circa 1-2 times a month)
- Fluent in professional English. (Other European languages a great plus)
- Be numerate, with strong excel/ data manipulation skills
- Be an excellent communicator, able to influence
- Be able to develop strong relationships building rapport and trust
- Be highly analytical and able to translate data into something meaningful