Maintenance Technician Fri, Sat, Sun - 12 hour shift
- 210 N 1st St, Laurens, IA 50554, USA
- Sub-Department: Engineering & Maintenance
- Department: Supply Chain
- Site Location: Laurens
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Join us for our Hiring Extravaganza! Click here for more details: Lauren's Hiring Extravaganza - June 27!
Come Run with Sasquatch as a maintenance technician to keep the plant and equipment running in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains and repairs building and equipment. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Demand Maintenance as assigned: Skill in diagnosing equipment defects and making necessary repairs.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot machinery, ovens, mechanical lift trucks, and facilities problems as needed for production issues and efficiency.
- Safety operate various machines, including a Band Saw, Break Press, Mill, Lathe, Grinder, etc.
- Inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Maintain all areas of the shop, boiler room, and the interior/exterior of the plant.
- Troubleshoot electrical functions (i.e. motors, controls, PLC function, and other basic wiring)
- Confers with management and suppliers to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment
- Complete Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assist with inventory control of tools and parts on hand.
- Work with tools and power equipment as well as material handling.
- Operate mechanical forklift, pallet jack, battery-changer and stock picker.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor/manager.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Required Education: High school diploma or GED
Required Experience: 1-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing.
- Facility maintenance experience preferred
- Industrial mechanical experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical safety practices
- Prior Knowledge of food processing equipment helpful.
- Electrical and electrical troubleshooting of 120/240/480 3ph systems.
- Troubleshooting PLC and frequency drives.
- Welding (both MIG and TIG).
- Bachelor’s Degree Machining or Electrical
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine breakdown, preventive maintenance and other maintenance related reports and correspondence.
- Intermediate verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and techniques used in the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trades (i.e. welding, tap measure, band saw, lathe, caliper, micrometer, etc.).
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and with teams
- Project oriented
- Multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and team members
Jack link's is a family-owned, family-run business, and the #1 manufacturer of protein snacks worldwide.
- Steady, predictable shifts
- A passionate team
- Strong family values
- Career opportunities with a goal to promote from within
- Competitive pay including a bonus plan
- Great benefits including a medical plan, dental plan and vision plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Discounted product
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).