- 805 S Walton Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712, USA
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Bentonville
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as a Category Manager to analyze shopper/consumer behaviors! Included in the scope of this role is building insights and data driven strategies, leveraging macro-economic, consumer, and retail insights to drive category growth. You will manage category space for a specific category: Develop/recommend brand assortment and shelf schematic/planograms for relay, new remodels and special projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Establish unbiased Strategic Partnership, Category Captainship or Consultant role with Key Strategic Customers
- Manage Walmart modular execution relays, including drawing of modulars
- Develop strong working relationships with Walmart Buyers and Walmart cross functional partners
- Develop sustainable and strong category partnerships by providing strategic analytical recommendations that promote total Category & Brand growth
- Proactively makes recommendations on Category assortment, placement, promotions and pricing for Strategic Customer
- Integrate influential insights and data driven analytics to drive DSMp initiatives
- Leverage shopper loyalty data to discover innovative opportunities thru cross-category partnerships, developing conversion programs, and promoting new usage occasions
- Analyze, manage, and track key business metrics, including: Composite rankings integrating POS data with shopper metrics – (customer loyalty data), performances for new items across categories (Understand source of volume, and developing category conversion tracker)
- Be recognized internally at Jack Link’s and externally as a thought leader in shopper insights and category trends
- Develop strategic partnership with Customer to help drive future investment strategies
- Understand shopper loyalty programs, system, methodologies, reports, measures, applications and limitations
- Strategically leverage analytical insights to further growth of Meat Snacks Category
- Collaborate with customers in resolving business issues, and provide innovative solutions/recommendations through creative strategic interpretation and application of loyalty data and shopper insights
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- 7-10+ years CPG industry experience preferred – Grocery experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in the use of planogram software such as JDA Prospace
- Strong knowledge in the use of syndicated data supplier tools such as Nielsen Nitro, Answers, AOD, Spectra, IRI, Homescan, etc
- Demonstrated adaptability as well as supporting the organization through times of change
- Clear communication skills both orally and in writing to individuals and groups and precise communication of innovative business solutions to Customer and staff
- Effective organization skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office with focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Several years of exempt status experience with leadership, and Category and customer Shopper Insights development
- Experience leading change in Shopper Insights and Category Management transformations
- Understanding of key elements of brand marketing and new product research preferred (advertising, consumer promotion, shopper marketing, public relations, packaging and consumer relationship management) and new product development
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of any given month
- Broad experience in category, brand, customer and shopper insight development and category management within North American markets, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods industry)
- Development and application of advanced analytics, principles, theories and concepts in Category Management, Analytics or Shopper Insights Research
- Experience managing financial budgeting, project and risk, market research, consumer research and/or performance management
- Experience using key insights tools including, Kantar Retail Tools & Loyalty data bases preferred Knowledge of statistics and quantitative business analyses.
- Experience with database management
- Process improvement or Lean Six Sigma experience
- People management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.