Director of E-Commerce
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Marketing
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch in our newly created role as our Director of E-Commerce! In this role, you will develop, define and implement Jack Link’s e-commerce strategy and deliver against the business objectives (including P&L) of all e-commerce channels including, Amazon, other pure-play retailers, brick and mortar retailer.com channels and Jack Link's-owned e-commerce channels.
Specifically, you will:
- Build, lead and develop a team of up to 7 team members (both internal team members and external external contractors/agency).
- Develop an online sales business plan by identifying the highest value online touch points with customers.
- Identify trends and think outside the box on how to expand the reach and presence of Jack Link’s.
- Build and implement a content strategy that leverages how, where, and when content is integrated into the shopping experience.
- Develop ongoing analytics and dashboards to drive insights and then actions and decisions driven by the analytics to make data-driven site decisions. Create a suite of reporting tools that allow for easy, intuitive reporting to all key stakeholders along with actionable insights.
- Oversee all user experience elements ensuring strong site functionality. Manage vendor contracts and partner with additional third-party vendors to identify and apply solutions as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with outside partners and vendors, expand relationships with existing partners
- Work to grow customer and brand loyalty.
- Design the online sales organization and processes.
- Define the e-commerce site features and functionality.
- Prioritize and track investments across e-commerce projects.
- Develop mid- to long-term plans for optimizing the e-commerce business and the talent required to execute strategies.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, experiences and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading E-commerce businesses including building strategy and overseeing execution across different platforms.
- A minimum 5 years of leading high performance teams and proven experience setting high-level strategies and building teams to meet them.
- Depth of experience developing a roster of 3rd party vendors, manager vendor contracts and plan budgets effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of digital measurement tools including expertise in site analytics tools.
- Ability to draw actionable conclusions from large amounts of data and present complex results in consumable, efficient formats.
- Experience achieving goals by effectively and proactively delegating and empowering others to meet responsibilities on-time and on-budget
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision and/or goal.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience maintaining strong working relationships within area of influence as well as cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience working effectively with all levels of management and team members.
- Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.