Risk Management Specialist
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Legal
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as our Risk Management Specialist! In this role, you will be responsible for the administration, implementation and coordination of our business insurance and other risk management programs. Specifically, you will:
- Serve as the primary liaison with our external risk management providers including brokers, third party administrators and other providers.
- Manage our TPA relationship to ensure they are held accountable to Jack Link’s specifications for claims in areas of consumer complaints/general liability, worker’s compensation, property, product and auto liability.
- Review and make recommendations regarding proposed settlements for claims.
- Maintain and analyze data regarding claims and prepare management reports to be used by the company in managing and reducing risk.
- Work with cross functional teams on periodic reviews of the company’s exposures to assess whether insurance coverage levels are appropriate.
- Manage the Certificate of Insurance (COI) program to ensure the company maintains appropriate evidence of insurance for all vendors.
- Provide system administration for the company’s Risk Management Information System
- Gather and submit data for annual insurance renewal process for all lines of coverage as well as data needed for insurance audits
- Provide claim and insurance data as requested from internal business partners
- Coordinate and perform activities for special projects as requested
- Develop and implement Risk Management policies and recommend changes
- College degree in business, finance, risk management or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a risk management or similar environment
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to analyze reports to draw conclusions to be used in decision making
- General understanding of business insurance policies
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and oral) skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Risk Management Information Systems
- Experience with claims administration in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with coordinating and leading crisis management planning
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.