Director of Category Management
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Marketing
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Pepperami.
The primary purpose of the Director of Category Management is to ensure a collaborative process to meet consumer demand by focusing on the meat-snack category as a strategic business unit to deliver desired results. This position is key in ensuring we understand, interpret and deliver fact-based consumer insights and category performance evaluations to both internal and external parties. The primary goal of the Director is to develop and manage a team of Category Managers and Business Analytics personnel and to provide strategic consumer, category and brand insights to the Jack Link’s organization and its customers.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Preferred
- 5 years of people management
- 10+ years category management/shopper insights experience
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong people management skills to lead and direct a team with vision and purpose
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills in the development of both short & long-term category strategies
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills (specifically able to identify trends, opportunities and business insight)
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization
- Proactive (high sense of urgency) and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment
- Good understanding of retail store merchandising management
- Must be able to provide the account managers and customer with information that is formatted in a compelling and persuasive manner, easily understood by both
- Strong working knowledge of AC Nielsen / IRI Syndicated Data, SPECTRA, Pro-Space and Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of co-developing short and long-term category strategies with retailer merchandising teams
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).