National Sales Manager - Vending
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Remote
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as our National Sales Manager (NSM) for our Vending Channel! The primary purpose our NSM is to grow and develop total Jack Link’s sales & profitability across our Vending Channel, develop detailed strategic sales plans for the channel, and lead both a National Account Manager and a Sales Support Analyst.
Specifically, you will:
- Execute the strategy of the Vending Channel to deliver top & bottom line sales & profit goals with a significant focus on improving profitability
- Develop multi-year plans for channel specific business opportunities focused on expanding Jack Link’s presence in existing outlets and gaining new distribution in new outlets (especially micromarkets)
- Manage trade spending to drive profitable business, including use of trade promotion management system
- Collaborate with internal functions to develop customer specific programs/items/POS to build the business
- Accountable for the development and accuracy of sales forecast by market and product to drive production planning
- Provide business updates to Senior Sales Management on sales results/opportunities
- Understand and report back on competitive landscape and activity
- Build effective relationships throughout customer organizations and at various levels: Executive Management, Operations, Merchandising, Supply Planning, Marketing
- Manage deduction & AR issues on all applicable accounts
- Responsible for managing performance, training and developing direct reports
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of CPG experience with an emphasis on foodservice, vending/micro markets, especially with Canteen, USG, and Aramark
- Strong analytical capabilities with a demonstrated track record of identifying trends, opportunities and business insights
- Strong business acumen; specifically with P&L management, Trade Management and Demand Planning
- Experience leading direct reports
- Trade Promotion Management System experience
- Strong skill level in Microsoft applications
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Master’s Degree in business related field (preferred)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.