- 39210 221st St, Alpena, SD 57312, USA
- Sub-Department: Engineering & Maintenance
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Alpena
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Packaging Maintenance will work with computer-controlled equipment. They will make sure that the Packaging Machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. Packaging Maintenance makes sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
Job Related Skills/Responsibilities
- Know and understand the plant functions.
- Operate and Repair all machines around Klockner.
- Follow perfect bag specifications.
- Complete daily preventative maintenance.
- Follow lean manufacturing practices.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Able to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in the English language (speak, read, and write).
- Able to operate machines computers.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Able to perform general maintenance.
- Able to operate a computer.
- Build and support a culture at Jack Links which values Personnel Safety and Food Safety.
- Must Demonstrate the Jack Link’s Values.
- Build and support a culture of openness and accountability within (and out-side) the assigned department.
- Demonstrate professionalism; encourage and insist on positive attitudes and behaviors from team members.
- Encourage team member initiative and innovation, and show recognition for effort and achievement.
- Create and cultivate positive work relationships at all levels of Jack Links.
- Communicate with peers, subordinates, and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
- Ability to collaborate with remote team members and work as part of a team.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related-problems.
- No Travel Required
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Worked in General Maintenance
- Worked with Trained Operator until Lead Approval.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Production Environment (normally) / Sit Occasionally / Stand and Constantly.
- Will enter production area where team members are exposed to moderate cold (35-55 degrees) and loud noise levels.
As packaging maintenance you are subject to a training period of 4 weeks – 12 weeks. During this time frame you will learn the skills needed to run your machine.
Upon your completion of this training period, you will move to your hired shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.