Sr. Food Packaging Equipment Engineer
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sub-Department: Engineering & Maintenance
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as our Sr. Food Packaging Equipment Engineer! In this role, your work will be critical as we continue to automate in our distribution and production facilities. Specifically, you will identify, design and implement automated manufacturing systems across our manufacturing and distribution locations to deliver reduced manufacturing costs and/or increased manufacturing capability. You will work in collaboration with operations, supply chain and new product development and automation companies to develop automated equipment systems and production lines solutions. This role requires experience in design and execution of automation projects in Consumer Packaged Goods.
Your results will impact these areas:
- Project Leadership: Act as the project engineer manager for projects being implemented. Develop project design plans and convey concepts and specifications to key stakeholders internally and externally. Provide corrective feedback to keep projects on track. Manage projects from inception to full implementation.
- Supplier Relationships: Maintain current knowledge of key automation suppliers and provide input on the capabilities and status of providers of automation design, system and equipment manufacturing. Evaluate suppliers and make recommendations for selection based on project needs.
- Production Support: Work with production and maintenance personnel, support efforts to improve performance of current manufacturing systems, e.g. yield, speed, personnel requirements, and maintenance needs. Consider factors such as ease of setup, changeover and maintenance, reliability, contamination control and costs. Identify possible product modifications to improve manufacturability.
- Process Analysis: Lead FMEA and risk analysis activities for planned automation to insure high OEE of new systems.
- Automation Technology: Keep up-to-date with automation technology developments, new trends, applications, equipment and suppliers. Apply knowledge to promote continuous improvement of existing production equipment.
- Project Planning: Build and maintain a hopper of cost savings automation projects to deliver a targeted cost savings plan.
- 7+ years experience with automation projects within Consumer Packaged Goods. Strong preference for experience in the food industry.
- Bachelor's degree in either Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required. Strong preference for a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Project, Word, and EXCEL
- Experience successfully performing engineered designs for large scale projects and leading project teams
- Familiarity with TPM, Six Sigma, LEAN or other vigorous Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Experience successfully in large, complex projects that require excellent planning, project leadership, technical and communication skills to be successful in meeting project objectives.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and resolving both interpersonal and technical problems and through independent work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, acute attention to detail, excellent time and project management skills and the drive to complete projects thoroughly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-changing work environment.
- Must be a creative thinker with good interpersonal relationship skills, strong project management, and process improvement skills, as well as strong cross-functional teamwork skills
- Ability to travel 50 - 60%.
- Successfully present successful automation project you have led from concept to completion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.