(Regional) Sales Manager Benelux
- Moermanskkade, 1013 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Amsterdam
Jack Link's is not made up of a bunch of button-up, corporate types. Like our brands and products, we believe in being authentic and genuine. Life is too short to be artificial. We have never done things the way everyone else does. Over the years, for us these facts have always been more than just a way of doing business, it has been a way of life.
What makes working at Jack Link’s so special? Jack Link’s is a company for personal growth, for awesome characters who are real, love speed and with great self discipline. You can feed your wild side while working in a very international and fresh environment. We push hard and take risks - with the unwavering passion to get done what we have set out to do. All backed up by an unflinching eye on quality.
Jack Link’s is a family owned and value driven company. In April 2014 Jack Link’s bought the brands BiFi and Peperami from Unilever. The remainder of the year was used to implement the brands and organisation in a new head office organisation in Amsterdam. In 2016 the Beef Jerky product was integrated and Jack Link’s EMEA was up and running autonomously. In the meantime, Jack Links EMEA has grown to 550 employees and is still growing.
The (Regional) sales manager Benelux is leading the Benelux Sales Organization and is identifying business opportunities and approaches to maintain, build and expand the Jack Links business in the Benelux region, to achieve defined sales goals and objectives.
To do so he/she will develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets for all brands (BiFi, Jack Links) and shall contribute to the overall growth and success of the organization by effectively leading and coaching the Benelux team (4 employees).
he/she is chair of Country Business Team BeNeLux (indirectly leading cross functionally marketing, commercial control, operations)
He/she has a direct reporting line to the Managing Director Jack Link’s EMEA, to whom he / she provides reports, analyses and recommendations, to improve the profitability and to accelerate sales performance while properly supporting the execution of the Jack Link’s growth strategy on a month by month basis.
The (Regional) sales manager Benelux is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all current sales and marketing principles and comes with an extensive network and experience in the Dutch and Belgian retail and FMCG industry.
He / she is a strategic, commercial thinker and effective leader, who develops his/her team and guides the Benelux business towards long term profitable growth to become dominant in branded protein snacking.
· Develop annual business plans for the new and existing accounts to achieve goals and to drive sales growth aggressively and identify new distribution and promotional programs.
· In close cooperation with the Benelux sales team, manage and further develop existing customer base in the Benelux region.
· Define white spots in the Benelux region and define tangible plans for targeted customer acquisition and relationship building.
· Work closely together with the (Key) Account Managers and planning department on major customers to develop (jointly agreed) forecasts, demand patterns, sell-through rates and stock levels, based on marketing activities and sales promotions.
· Together with the Key account managers, develop annual sales quotas, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
· Achieving aggressive top- and bottom-line double-digit growth according to business plans.
· Manage and build excellent customer relationships making Jack Link a trusted long-term business partner / category captain in branded protein snacking.
· Achieve the sales forecasts within the Jack Link’s Brands and continuously striving for improvement of sales related processes e.g.; forecast accuracy, ensuring optimized demand and supply planning.
· Monitor and adjust where needed the sales performance through reports and communication involving sales reports, recurring sales meetings and customer assessments.
· Manage budgets within guidelines.
· Leading the Benelux sales organization to achieve forecast and margin plans as well as keeping operating expenses in check. Ensuring accountability, profitability and sustainable growth by closely collaborating with Finance, Marketing and Operations.
· Responsible for obtaining profitable results by developing the team through motivation, mentoring, skills development and product knowledge development.
· Maintaining motivated sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
· Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team, through reports and communication involving sales reports, recurring sales meetings and performance assessments.
· Provide necessary operational performance reporting to the Managing director Jack Link’s EMEA and senior management.
· Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts to ELT (European Leadership Team) and senior management detailing how sales goals will be met.
· Keeping apprised of trends and developments using e.g. Nielsen and other data.
· Develop strong internal cross functional relationships across (Brand) Marketing, Innovation, Customer Service and Planning Organization.
· Build excellent relationships with key customers
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- A “hunter” and “builder” with an enthusiastic personality and an entrepreneurial mindset, who has a true passion for growing a long term, sustainable business.
- Successful previous experience as a sales manager in the FMCG Food & Beverages industry, preferably in the confectionary, drinks or snacks industry, who is consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Deep sense of personal ownership for the Benelux region and its results
- Able to tap into an existing or new commercial network with leading retailers, petrol chains, etc.
- Motivational leader with experience building brands and developing and successfully executing plans
- Highly self-motivated and able to elicit best performance from his employees
- Extensive > 10 years retail and out-of-home experience in the Benelux market
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively, at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close, solution- and target oriented with a pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Strong business sense and industry expertise with a true entrepreneurial mindset
- Capable to define mid and long-term strategies while being able to work hands-on at the same time
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in in Dutch and English, good knowledge of the French language is an advantage.
o An independent, challenging and fulltime job within a great team in an international company;
o A competitive salary, including performance related variable reward;
o We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.