Assistant Category Buyer
- 25 King Edward St, Coquitlam, BC V3K 4S8, Canada
- Business Type: Corporate
JYSK is seeking a talented Assistant Category Buyer to join our Buying team in Coquitlam, BC on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the Assistant Category Buyer, you will be supporting the day-to-day operations of our Buying department by assisting with the strategy and development of product assortments to maximize sales and profitability. The position also includes close coordination with key teams and working on several projects, including planning campaigns, inventory management, sales forecasting, and digital strategy.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone who loves retail and is interested in gaining experience in a fast-paced industry.
As an Assistant Category Buyer you will be a key member of the JYSK team and you will be responsible for:
Product category management, which includes but is not limited to:
- Assist the Category Managers with administrative support for their categories
- In charge of the sample management - tracking, unpacking, verification and organization
- Communicate with vendors to follow up on new product development and deliveries
- Organize photoshoot in collaboration with the Marketing team and ensure library of all product photos
- Create and maintain online product information for our website
- Assist with line reviews/style outs with Category Managers
- Help with portfolio management by analyzing existing products performance and suggesting phaseout of slow sellers or actionable comments
- Partner with Category Managers to identify and source new product assortments
- Update and maintain product assortment files
- Participate in seasonal strategy and manage demand planning to ensure optimal inventory level.
- Prepare, track and manage the artwork creation files.
- Other administrative duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- 1 year of experience in retail buying or related field and want to build a career in merchandise management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Moderate to advanced Excel skills and database knowledge to create reports and analyze statistics (V-Look ups, Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc.)
- Is a self-motivated individual who can work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork, teambuilding, and project coordination skills
- Is adaptable and able to work in an environment with conflicting and changing priorities
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline is preferred, or a combination of equivalent training, experience and education
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.