Accounts Payable Clerk
- 25 King Edward St, Coquitlam, BC V3K 4S8, Canada
- Business Type: Corporate
Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you looking for a community, a partnership, a team, and an opportunity to learn and grow in your career?
As one of world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career.
JYSK is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Accounting team on a permanent, full-time basis. The position will be based at our head office in Coquitlam, BC and reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. The role requires someone who has a good knowledge of the accounts payable cycle, and is highly motivated, service-minded, cooperative and driven by deadlines and quality.
- Receive and verify invoices comply with financial policies and procedures including approvals and department allocations
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and post invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable sub-ledger
- Assist in month-end processing and expense accruals
- Process vendor forms, credit card expenses, cash reimbursements, and other month-end packages from operations.
- Field queries from staff and vendors concerning AP and expense
- Investigate and resolve issues; follow up with colleagues, vendors, department heads and store managers as needed
- Processing up to 50 invoices per day
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role
- 1-2 years accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Work well in a computer environment with strong MS Office skills particularly with Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaking French is considered an asset.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package for (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.