Senior Systems and Network Engineer
- 25 King Edward St, Coquitlam, BC V3K 4S8, Canada
- Business Type: Corporate
JYSK is seeking a talented Senior Systems and Network Engineer to join our Information Technology team in Coquitlam, BC on a full-time, permanent basis. As a Senior Systems and Network Engineer, you would be working closely with other Information Technology team members to complete various hardware and software support.
- Day-to-day monitoring of our systems and networks for reliability and performance.
- Perform investigations as required.
- Oversee, operate and ensure the robustness of infrastructure components such as routers, VPN, servers, etc.
- Monitor and ensure patch management with RMM tools where applicable.
- Analyze and make changes to the international network and systems architecture where required.
- Write technical and incident reports and produce presentations when necessary.
- Work with relevant international teams to monitor patching and hardening compliance across the entire portfolio of JYSK systems.
- Refine the identity and access management implementation where and when needed.
- Propose, coordinate, implement and enforce information systems policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong technology risk management culture throughout the enterprise
Form cross-departmental relationships and ensure that company goals are implemented and supported.
- Seeks and partners with reliable external partners, vendors.
- Attends relevant industry events, etc.
- Seeks out the proper training and information to adopt new technologies.
- Follows the relevant industry bulletins and news-channels vigorously to stay on top of new threats and risks for the company.
What you bring to the role:
- University degree, related studies, or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience in an IT Infrastructure role.
- Extensive theoretical and technical understanding of computer, application/software, systems and network architecture.
- Analysis of systems, networks, and related architecture to validate configurations according to industry best practices.
- Relevant experience in IT governance with the capacity to enforce standards and liaise with stakeholders.
- Analysis of networks by examining routing, network segmentation, and packet data.
Experience with deploying and managing enterprise infrastructure across an interlinked and distributed hybrid cloud infrastructure that includes the following:
- Active directory
- Routers, switches, and access points (Meraki, Cisco, Mikrotik, Ruckus)
- Windows and Linux servers and endpoints
- VPNs and external endpoints
- Office365, Azure and AWS
- Ecommerce websites and associated support infrastructure
IT infrastructure certifications such as CCNP, JNCP, RHCE, MCSE (or equivalent) would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional team player and ability to work cross functionally within agile teams and with other stakeholders within marketing and other departments at JYSK
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML considered an asset
- Experience with Magento considered an asset
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.