Human Resources Director
- 25 King Edward St, Coquitlam, BC V3K 4S8, Canada
- Business Type: Corporate
JYSK is seeking a Human Resources Director to join our Canadian Executive Management Team, based in Coquitlam, BC. Leading a team of about 16, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Human Resource needs for JYSK Canada.
The ideal individual will need to be an effective communicator, build strong relationships with hiring managers, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be open to change and ready for any challenge. Operating in a flat organization with a significant amount of autonomy, this position will require a fine balance of strategic human resources and a very strong hands-on and “can-do” attitude.
Specifically, the Human Resources Director will be responsible as follows:
- Manage human resource operations by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching, planning, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production and customer-service strategies; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Coordinate a consistent recruitment process within the company.
- Communicate regularly with management staff to ensure personnel files and payroll related records are properly maintained.
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating company values.
- Ensure appropriate and effective employee development programs are in place.
- Reinforce appropriate application of HR policies, standard and procedures to ensure alignment with the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Ensures adherence with legislative requirements, and develop programs on valuing diversity, managing change with an emphasis on work culture issues and increasing employee satisfaction.
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Leadership - Achieves desired organizational results; a proactive and positive team player who leads by example and sets and communicates clear goals.
- Accountable – Holds self and others accountable for responsibilities; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes in a business focus.
- Strategic – Develops/implements a plan in support of organizational strategic direction and supports achievement of overall organizational goals/needs.
- Integrity and Honesty – Demonstrates a resolute commitment to and respect for the rules and core values of the organization, setting an example of professionalism and ethical propriety.
- Effective Working Relationships – Treats colleagues, and customers with respect and resolves conflicts respectfully; negotiates effectively; provides effective feedback to colleagues/employees.
- People Development – Fosters long-term learning and development of others through coaching, managing performance and mentoring.
- Customer-Focused – Anticipates, responds, and attends to the needs of customers and colleagues; keeps the customer interests in the forefront.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Resource Management
- At least five years’ experience in an HR leadership position
- Advanced knowledge of HR concepts, policies, programs, and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superb people management skills, able to manage priorities and create high performing teams
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of program
- Working knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Health and Safety Legislation, and other employment Legislation
- Ability to travel when required
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset.
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a growing strong retailer that has been present in Canada for 25 years.
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.