Agile Coach & Scrum Master
- Sødalsparken, 8220 Brabrand, Denmark
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Agile Coach to support JYSK in our transformation towards a truly agile organization delivering first class software to support our global retail organization within ecommerce, logistics and order management. As our new and first Agile Coach, you will be an important part of our Portfolio Management Office with close contact to both decision makers and the Scrum teams.
JYSK has gone from one single physical store in 1979 to today’s number of more than 2.700 stores globally as well as online shops in more than 20 countries. JYSK is still developing rapidly and today have one of the most modern and extensive IT environments of the retail industry, where advanced technological solutions and constant development is a part of everyday life.
We believe in continuous improvement to ensure that JYSK’s customers always get a great offer. This is a guiding principle of the entire organization.
To support our continued development, we have decided to adopt an operating model based on Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and consequently, we are now seeking an Agile Coach to support and co-drive a successful implementation of SAFe.
You bring solid experience working in an agile delivery organisation in a hands-on agile role. In JYSK, you will both take up the role as Agile Coach and Scrum Master. As Agile Coach you work across JYSK. Meaning, you take the lead in steering JYSK safely through the agile transformation by applying you agile capabilities supporting the organisation. As Scrum Master, you secure that your teams have the best chances of delivering IT solutions to the expectations of our businesses.
The main part of your time is spend in our enthusiastic IT department, counting more than 60 competent colleagues - all some of the best in the industry and within their field. Additionally, you also work closely with the IT Management group. Meaning, knowing your way around at all organisational levels, handling various stakeholders, will be key in succeeding in this job.
Finally, it will be of advantage if you have experience working in JIRA as part of your task will be to design, develop and implement system supporting Scrum tools based on JIRA.
Your way into this fantastic job, could be as an Agile Coach, Product Owner or Scrum Master; or you could be an experienced IT Project Manager or IT Developer – in all cases, Agile and Scrum is part of your DNA.
Your workplace is located in our Head Office in Brabrand, Aarhus together with the majority of the IT department.
You bring dedication and…
- You have extensive experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or similar and extensive knowledge of agile theories and methods.
- You have experience in leading an agile transformation and are used to having a driving role.
- You master a number of coaching techniques and have a track record of successfully coaching agile teams.
- You can see IT in a business context and you master the dynamics of Change Management.
- You have excellent people and communication skills and communicate fluently in both Danish and English.
You meet possibilities…
- You will initiate and drive relevant learning initiatives in order to support other Scrum. Masters in the organisation in becoming truly agile along having your own Scrum teams.
- You will coach a number of other Scrum teams besides your own and ensure that the agile culture and mind-set is driving the way we work across the whole IT department.
- You will participate in the complex but very interesting project of transforming the IT department of JYSK into being truly agile.
You will get a job with great professional responsibility in a global retail organisation.
You will have a large impact on both business solutions as well as your own internal career path and personal development.
At JYSK we encourage a good work life balance believing that this brings out the best in our dedicated colleagues.
Are you up for a challenge, in an inspiring company where your colleagues are all eager to join you on this exciting agile transformation? Then please apply.
The position is time limited to one year (August 2019 – August 2020). But for the right candidate a permanent position can be anticipated.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Portfolio Manager Henrik Bak Weigelt at +45 2991 7035, or send us your application and your CV by clicking “I’m interested”. We will handle applications as we receive them (application deadline is 19th June) and close the recruitment process no later than June.