Network & Security Specialist
IT Services Provider
As a Network & Security Specialist you will be responsible for supporting and implementing operationally sustainable, highly available and secure enterprise systems and networks. You will regularly work with stakeholders to identify and translate requirements into fully delivered technical architecture. You will respond to, troubleshoot, determine root cause and resolve system issues. You will be responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting on the performance and capacity of enterprise systems. Hours of work are Monday to Friday – 8 hours daily or as required. After hours support/on-call duties will be required.
· Install, configure, deploy, administer, and support necessary hardware and software for LAN and WAN infrastructures; including switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers.
· Perform maintenance and release upgrades to all in scope hardware and software.
· Monitor network performance and capacity.
· Perform analysis of LAN/WAN requirements and contribute to design of LAN and WAN architecture, integration, and installation.
· Monitor, assess and act upon applicable security advisories and vulnerabilities.
· Prepare and maintain documentation of all LAN, WAN, Load Balancing, DNS and Internet connections and configurations.
· Install, configure, and administer hardware and software systems that provide appropriate network security functionality
· Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved network hardware/software/devices
· Create and maintain automation scripts
· Assist in maintaining and testing business continuity/disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster
· Ensure system documentation and inventories are maintained
· Conduct security, performance and risk analysis for network and information systems
· Ensure all assigned incidents are properly addressed in accordance with predetermined Service Levels and Incident Management processes
· Ensure a smooth support transition from the delivery teams to the relevant Support teams
· Work with delivery teams, IT, and business customers to support initiatives, provide estimates, assist with implementations and ensure that solutions are highly operational, available and secure
· Ensure operational, performance and security monitoring of all designated enterprise systems
· Assist in the maintenance of relevant policies and procedures
· Actively participate in the Problem Management process through the identification and correction of recurring issues
· Become intimate with the corporate application, server, network and roadside infrastructure
· Communicate changes, fixes and processes to the end-user community
· Ensure management is updated on issues in a timely manner
· Additional tasks may be assigned as required
Key Tech skills:
- 5-7 years enterprise level networking support
- Extended knowledge of Juniper/Palo Alto/F5 switching/firewalling/load balancing
- Experience with PCI DSS compliance
- Available for on-call rotation role
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting enterprise systems, networks and Wi-Fi infrastructure
· Proficiency of network concepts such as Switching and Routing
· Experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols
· Experience with the following vendors:
Juniper: Switches, and Firewalls
Palo Alto: Firewalls
F5: BigIP Load balancers
· Understand packet captures and how to dissect and analyze the information
· Experience with automation tools and software (Ansible, Jenkins, PowerShell etc.)
· Experience with supporting application development environments, including automation of rapid environment provisioning
· Experience with IT security technologies and best practices required
· Experience with highly available multi-site system design required
· College or University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science preferred
· System & security technical certifications an asset (JNCIA, PCNSE, CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, etc.)
· Knowledge and experience with IT governance frameworks such as COBIT and PCI DSS an asset
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban preferred
· Strong ability to communicate and document clearly and effectively
· Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team environment
· Ability to follow processes and guidelines
· Ability to work with all levels of staff
· Ability to take personal initiative and observe confidentiality
· Ability to work with internal and external vendors in a professional manner
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment