uWAN Engineer (Remote)
- Remote - Home Office, Remote, VA, United States
JLGOV is a primary source for business process outsourcing, staff augmentation, technology services, and solution procurement. JLGOV is a small, minority-owned business headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA. Our goal is to meet the needs of customers across multiple verticals to include DoD, Commercial, Local and State levels.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Consults on technical implications to other organizations.
- Leads lower level employees.
Applicants must reside in the United States and be U.S. Citizens for consideration. No Visa sponsorship.
***TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT/ACTIVE GOVERNMENT SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.*** NO EXCEPTIONS!! PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CLEARANCE!!
- Security+ certification is required for this position
- Experience working in large Tier 1 carrier networks
- Experience with MPLS CsC
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
- BS Degree in IT or related field (Desired)
- In-depth knowledge of BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols, particularly standards-based.
- Must be able to integrate multiple routing protocols (i.e. route redistribution)
- Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Routers and Switches, Installing and Troubleshooting
- Experience using Network Management tools. Review and evaluate various testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and help assess risks.
- Advanced knowledge of QOS, IPSEC, GRE
- Minimum 8 years related IT experience with multi-vendor networks
- Experience with formal Systems Engineering processes/methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Industry Certification – CCNA, CCNP, or JNCIS - Desired
** Must be a U.S. Citizen. No Visa sponsorship.
** ALL candidates will be required to do a personal interview, NO exceptions
** E-Verify and National Background Investigation/Check will be completed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This project and all materials provided to the Contractor by the Government and results, conclusions and recommendations obtained thereof should be considered confidential in nature and treated with the same level of care that the Contractor treats its own confidential business information. The information shall not be disclosed, copied. modified, used (except in the completion of this project) or otherwise disseminated to any other person or entity at any time to include, but not limited to inclusion in any database external to the Government without the Government's express consent.