Development Coordinator (Fundraising Specialist)
- Naples, FL, USA
JDRF's mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent, and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers throughout the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter: @JDRF
This position is based in Naples, FL and is not a remote role.
This is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the Development Manager and local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Coordinator organizes, coordinates, implements and expands a variety of the Chapter’s programs and development activities that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and that grow the Chapter’s revenue through corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement.
• Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and supports the Chapter’s fundraising strategies and business needs.
• Coordinates, evaluates and expands fundraising and non-fundraising programs under the direction of the One Walk Development Director with a dotted line to the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the resource team and volunteer leadership.
• Helps manage events and donor development activities for the Chapter. Helps develop annual plans for assigned activities, including goals, objectives and follow-up. Develops and delivers presentations, as required, and provides input and suggestions.
• Assists in the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks.
• Oversees diverse administrative duties for the Chapter including providing administrative support for fundraising activities, which includes tracking and acknowledging donations, and preparing information needed for meetings, where applicable.
• Manages Chapter social media and marketing email system.
• Manages and maintains accurate and complete financial records. Submits reports to the chapter Development Director and others as assigned. Ensures that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each assigned activity. Conducts a comprehensive evaluation to determine the success of each applicable assigned activity.
• Ensures accurate recording of information in database, file system, and/or records. Creates, updates, and revises as needed.
• Responds to and follows through on inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner. Accountable for meeting deadlines, responding to volunteers, Executive Director, Development Director and other department requests.
• Interfaces with and serves as a liaison for all levels of staff and volunteers. Maintains steady communication between team members and committee leaders.
• Maintains a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience (administrative/secretarial) .
• Event planning and/or fundraising experience is preferred
• Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player
• Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
• Proficiency Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and office equipment
• Familiarity with Salesforce, Convio and Greater Giving preferred.
• Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources,
planning, and resource allocation, as well as ability to develop presentations, reports, and business correspondence, manage files and records, and coordinate other office procedures.
• Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Active listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot regardless of location or position. This includes those with remote status. Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.