- Nashville, TN, USA
JDRF's mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent, and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers throughout the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter: @JDRF
The Development Manager will work closely with the Market Director and Executive Director and local volunteer leadership to increase the reach and impact of JDRF in Middle Tennessee.
This Nashville-based Development Manager will manage, evaluate, execute, and expand campaigns that grow the Chapter’s base of supporters and revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. They will recruit and coordinate volunteer leaders and committees to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs. This is a role within the Tennessee Chapter, so they will collaborate with staff and supporters across the whole chapter geography, which includes West and East Tennessee.
• Executes local fundraising events – including Walk and Gala – with excellence. Develops an annual plan for each of the programs including financial goals, objectives and calendar of activity. Helps ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met.
• Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborates with chapter staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
• Helps develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth.
• Provides management and active leadership for corporate partnership development, volunteer leadership development, donor development, and community engagement.
• Assists in identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donors and corporate partners; develops the major donor and corporate pipeline for the market on an ongoing basis.
• Identifies and cultivates potential new board members. Makes recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Market Director and Executive Director.
• Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
• Has strong command of technology/CRM to and command of utilizing data in the decision-making process.
• 4+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
• Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (major gifts, stewardship).
• Must be a self-starter. This position will be work-from-home.
• Collaborative and an amazing team player with a desire to exceed chapter financial goals.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Significant computer literacy required. Salesforce experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to travel regionally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot regardless of location or position. This includes those with remote status. Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.