National Manager, Community, Game2Give Program
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JDRF Game2Give is a program that builds fundraising opportunities within the video game industry and fosters community among video game players, content creators, and developers. Since our inception in November 2019, we have raised nearly $2M for type 1 diabetes research through Twitch streaming, Humble Bundles, and other gaming-related donations. Learn more at https://www.jdrf.org/gaming.
The Development Manager, Community is an integral member of the JDRF Game2Give team, working closely with national, chapters, affiliates, volunteers and the community to identify and drive new revenue for the organization. This role combines the responsibilities of an online community manager with those of a peer-to-peer development manager to integrate the emerging JDRF Game2Give initiative more tightly into JDRF's existing fundraising infrastructure. The ideal candidate brings expert knowledge of gaming, streaming and community management, as well as a successful fundraising track record. The Development Manager, Community supports, grows, and represents the JDRF Game2Give community with results tracked in revenue, viewership, and other success metrics.
• Advances JDRF’s mission by driving digital revenue through a dedicated community of content creators and gaming enthusiasts who want to spread T1D awareness and raise money for type 1 diabetes research
• Leads planning and execution of streaming events
• Educates content creators in best practices for charity streams and social media fundraising
• Recruits new fundraisers across Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and emerging digital platforms
• Manages our Discord server and host online and in-person community meetups to create a sense of belonging, promote events, and foster a positive experience with JDRF
• Strengthens current relationships and builds the community through social media outreach and other online and in-person engagement
• Cultivates and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, including staff across national programs, chapters and affiliates within JDRF, to develop comprehensive partnerships that drive revenue growth and advance JDRF’s strategic objectives
• Streams regularly on the JDRF Twitch channel (both video game and T1D-related content)
• Builds out a diverse program of new content for the JDRF Twitch channel, in collaboration with national and chapter staff
• Defines and tracks financial and community success metrics
• Travels to gaming conventions and JDRF events to represent and grow the program
• Communicates about JDRF Game2Give events and successes through social media, blog posts, and email newsletters
• Collaborates with the JDRF Game2Give Director on business planning, volunteer engagement, and corporate development as needed
• Assists G2G Director in engaging the G2G Advisory Council to identify and drive new revenue sources
• Experience with video games, Twitch, charity streaming, and/or community management
• 5 years of work experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure
• Detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and highly motivated
• Excellent collaboration skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Polished communication and customer service skills
• Love of streaming, gaming, and charity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases
• Ability to travel within the US (about at 10% of the time)
• College degree
• Knowledge of type 1 diabetes and JDRF preferred
• Experience organizing or coordinating livestreamed charity events preferred
• Existing relationships within the content creator community preferred
• Work experience in the game industry (community management, communications, marketing, or similar) preferred
• Nonprofit experience preferred
• Familiarity with Tiltify preferred
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 regardless of location or position. This includes those with remote status. Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.