Development Manager (Fundraising, Development, P2P)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This self-starting individual is responsible for driving fundraising success for the JDRF OneWalk program in North Carolina, with primary focus on the Greater Western Carolinas (Charlotte) Walk. Through collaboration and coordination with national and regional teams, Chapter staff, and volunteer partners, the Development Manager will champion a strategic approach to One Walk program development including team recruitment and development, volunteer leader recruitment and engagement, and stewardship that will grow the program at all levels and ensure an extraordinary participant experience.
The position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. While staff are currently working remotely, the expectation is that staff will return to the office with a flexible work schedule when it is safe to do so.
- Serve as the key staff member in implementing the chapter’s One Walk program in Charlotte (estimated 80% of time)
- Serve as support staff member for the other 2 NC Chapter Walks, as needed (estimated 20% of time)
- Develop a strategic plan for the success of the NC One Walk program.
- Responsible for volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, logistics and best practice implementation.
- Proactively seek out and identify new leads for family, corporate and school teams. Call/meet with new prospects weekly. Develop and cultivate these leads to become part of the JDRF One Walk.
- Execute a plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
- Oversee the Charlotte Walk committee, including recruitment, engagement and retention of committee members.
- In partnership with Chapter staff, help to identify and recruit volunteer Walk leadership including Corporate Chairs, Family Team Chairs, and Walk Committee Chairs.
- Develop and maintain impactful, meaningful and donor-centric relationships with walk teams, volunteers, event participants, sponsors and community partners.
- In partnership with chapter staff, help manage event logistics for the Greater Western Carolinas One Walk, including kick-off and rally events, Walk Day, and Awards Celebrations.
- Manage Walk operations in both Walk management software, Luminate Online, and also CRM database. Pull reports and serve as the first contact to troubleshoot with teams.
- Strategically and consistently utilize CRM data management tool to maximize efficient and effective moves management of donor pipeline.
- Ensure personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Supports the Charlotte Gala by overseeing the Hope Basket program (auction baskets made by Walk families) and encouraging Walk family participation in Gala, as appropriate.
- Expand the Greater Western Carolinas Walk reach by registering teams from outlying communities (Davidson/N. Charlotte, Asheville, Hickory, etc)
- Supports other fundraising events, chapter activities and programs as assigned.
- 4 years of work experience including 2+ years fundraising or relevant business/volunteer experience.
- Strong CRM database knowledge, Salesforce preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to collaborate as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Excels in prospect research and thinking creatively to develop donor acquisition strategies.
- Experience in new business development and account management preferred.
- Ability to create and manage process that enhances efficiency of staff work while allowing for donor-centricity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with outreach activities preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.