Development Manager (P2P)
- Boston, MA, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
Looking for a great career opportunity where you can change the world? Join the JDRF Greater New England team to support the chapter’s Peer-to-Peer programs, with a primary focus on JDRF One Walk. Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director and through collaboration and coordination with national and regional teams, chapter staff, and volunteer partners, the Development Manager will champion a strategic approach to the JDRF One Walk program including team recruitment and development, volunteer leader recruitment and engagement, and stewardship that will grow the program at all levels and ensure an extraordinary participant experience. This individual will manage a portfolio of approximately 200 family and school teams and is responsible for raising budgeted revenue through the JDRF One Walk. The Development Manager also supports all aspects of the One Walk including marketing, event day volunteers and logistics, and will partner with the Development Manager (Corporate Engagement) to help identify prospects for corporate teams and sponsorship.
The Development Manager works with the entire chapter team to ensure that fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of JDRF grow through increased corporate, family, and volunteer involvement.
The position is based in Wellesley Hills, MA. While staff are currently working remotely, the expectation is that staff will return to the office with a flexible work schedule when it is safe to do so.
- In partnership with the Associate Executive Director, develops a comprehensive participant and donor relations strategy.
- Responsible for One Walk volunteer committee development; team recruitment, retention strategies, fundraising, and stewardship of all participants in assigned portfolio; budget; timeline; marketing/PR; and logistics.
- Provides fundraising coaching expertise to assigned portfolio focusing on fundraising best practices and tactics; helps participants access and use fundraising tools for success.
- Develops a communications plan to engage and steward all participants utilizing email, phone calls, texting, etc.
- Supervises the Development Coordinator (JDRF One Walk) and demonstrates the ability to influence, motivate, and develop staff to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of the chapter and organization as a whole.
- Participates in the development and execution of marketing, social media, and promotional plans for the chapter across all programs.
- Coordinates the recruitment, engagement, stewardship, and deployment of volunteers that support JDRF through committees, office projects and event day activities.
- Maintains detailed accounts of teams, committees, and donor relationships.
- Strategically and consistently utilizes CRM data management tool to maximize efficiency and effective tracking of donor pipeline.
- Collaborates with national/regional staff resource teams and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share ideas.
- Maintains a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research efforts.
- Supports and demonstrates commitment to the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands and serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the chapter.
- Supports other fundraising events, chapter activities, and programs as assigned.
- 4 years of successful Peer-to-Peer fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work on projects independently and have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to build rapport with participants, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Enjoys working on a team and is adaptable. Sense of humor a plus!
- Strong CRM and Peer-to-Peer fundraising database knowledge (Salesforce and Luminate Online preferred) and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF values diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating an environment in which everyone feels welcomed, supported, and respected. JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.