- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As one of the top performing chapters in the country, JDRF’s Mid-Atlantic (MAC) Chapter plays a vital role in the organization’s success. The MAC chapter includes a staff team of eleven (11), 3 Chapter Community Boards of Directors, as well as leadership volunteers who are actively engaged and passionate supporters of JDRF across the Chapter territory, which includes Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
This is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with staff partners across our entire chapter footprint and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter. Remote work is possible depending on location but the position must be based within the chapter footprint (Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC).
The Development Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of a variety of Chapter-wide events and the initiation and stewardship of productive, engaging relationships with JDRF volunteers, supporters, and donors. As such, the Development Manager will be expected to meet/exceed annual fundraising goals for a portfolio of events and campaigns. As a member of the Signature Events team, the Manager will have primary responsibilities with the chapter Gala(s) and Real Estate Games programs and delivering towards the $2.7 million fundraising goal for these programs. Additionally, the Development Manager will collaborate with the entire Chapter team to support all programs that enhance the impact to JDRF’s mission.
- Partners with donors, committees, and constituents to both renew and secure new support through event fundraising management including sponsorships, table/ticket sales, Fund A Cure, auction, and donations.
- Manages a personal portfolio of constituents to develop increased giving. Supports additional team member portfolios as assigned.
- Manages, evaluates, and expands fundraising and non-fundraising programs under the direction of the Development Director and in collaboration with the resource team and volunteer leadership.
- Provides management for chapter and community development activities such as fundraising, relationship building, events, corporate partnership development, volunteer development, outreach, advocacy, marketing and communication, and education programs.
- Utilizes CRM for community, donor, and constituent management.
- Develops and maintains high-level expertise in required fundraising management platforms including Greater Giving and OneCause.
- Ensures that the logistics and budget/timelines are developed and met for each applicable event.
- Manages several key event vendors such as venue, catering, and others across all events.
- Oversees the entire event registrations, including the facilitation of applicable Covid-19 protocols.
- In partnership with supervisor and team, manages and continually develops assigned committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing annual committee plans.
- Ensures that all deliverables are met according to event donor/sponsorship agreements.
- Helps to create and inform key communications-related aspects for campaigns and events such as the design and creation of invitations, social media content, and other Chapter communications.
- Networks with the National/Regional staff resource team and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share new ideas.
- Identifies, builds, and stewards relationships with community and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities.
- Helps formulate and implement strategies and tactics for Chapter fundraising and development activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Maintains a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and priorities.
- Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter.
- Works in collaboration with Chapter staff and volunteers across the Chapter area.
- 5 years of work experience including 3 years of relevant fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with event planning logistics in a fundraising environment.
- Experience with committee development and management.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative, a quick learner and an amazing team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent active listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM databases.
- Familiarity with Canva, Convio, Marketing Cloud, Wordpress, Greater Giving and OneCause preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and an ‘all hands-on deck’ demeanor.
- Highly organized & detail oriented.
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to take on new projects.
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.