National Manager, Partner Relationships
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Employees can work remotely
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
Leads the organization’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with our largest, most significant portfolio of corporate accounts. Provides an advanced level of service and support for established national corporate relationships. Manages most, if not all, aspects of implementing assigned account relationships; actively assists in the sales process for successful renewal and growth; and achieves higher levels of performance in customer service and stewardship. Leads high-level, cross-functional team projects and activities to ensure proper attention is given to all details of the sales support and service effort.
- Responsible for owning the day-to-day execution of account relationships, especially responsiveness to account needs, successful implementation of the supported project, program or promotion, issue management and resolution, as well as tracking and reporting on defined goals.
- Assists the National Directors retain and expand the account relationship by generating revenue through consultative selling, outstanding client service and cultivating strong relationships.
- Acts as an advisor both internally to the National Directors and externally to the Account itself. Maximizes and cultivates the client relationship, grows accounts organically alongside the National Directors and encourages staff development.
- Participates in steering the strategic vision and long-term account planning process, ensuring the account team achieves the goals of JDRF and the Account.
- Sets the vision, goals and strategies for the best-in-class account services function within Corporate Development, including coaching and supervising other account services staff.
- Seeks opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling JDRF’s full range of capabilities alongside the broader Account Team.
- Contributes to expanding educational collateral to Spanish and other languages.
- Manages Corporate Development operations alongside the AVP and National Directors including staffing, budgeting, billing and resource allocation that ensure efficiency and revenue generation.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of corporate social responsibility (CSR) trends, CSR initiatives, and Stewardship.
- 6+ years' experience with Account Management, Project Management, Field Service and/or Marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate sustainability and/or corporate philanthropy, cause marketing, shared value, non-profit trends and expectations.
- Strong understanding of business policies and practices.
- Experience developing processes to collect, analyze and communicate program output and outcomes
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Persuasive verbal skills and presentation style. Excellent writing skills for business communications and storytelling.
- “Practical” skill level decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co‑workers and customers.
- “Practical” skill level in ability to learn and apply knowledge of supported program and Account business strategies and needs.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter requiring little supervision.
- High degree of personal organization, ability to multi-task and shift priorities, excellent time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with the ability to deliver PowerPoint presentations to both large and small groups.
- Ability to effectively interact with corporate representatives at the high management level and various internal JDRF business units, affiliates, and volunteers.
- A mindset of innovation and creativity.
- Mastery of account development, including project budgets.
- Effective leadership, staff management, talent development and coaching skills.
- Ability to exercises discretion and independent judgment and make sound decisions
- Competence using research and monitoring tools for traditional and social media.
- Ability to use JDRF policies and guidelines, corporate development’ policies and professional practices when faced with managing Accounts and resolving issues.
- College degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Up to 30% travel and the ability to work flexible hours when required.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.