Associate National Director, Leadership Giving
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
JDRF is embarking on a mission to expand its major gifts fundraising program. In so doing, we are looking for seasoned, effective major gifts fundraisers who understand the importance of building relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate representatives, foundations, and current and prospective donors, and who are comfortable in soliciting 5, 6 and 7 figure gifts from those individuals.
The territory for this position may include: Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and surrounding states. Being located in the territory is preferred but not required.
- Masters case for support, supporting materials and prospect strategy in order to articulate mission priorities and secure support.
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of 125-150 leadership level and prospects in assigned chapters, including identifying new prospects.
- Builds strong relationships with Chapter Executive Directors and Market Directors in order to support pipeline development, strategy and account/team -based donor management and fundraising.
- Builds relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate representatives, foundations and current and prospective donors.
- Supports the effective development of packaging, pricing, and solicitation of gifts of $50k - $500k.
- Serves as lead for assigned initiatives and/or projects that advance the Leadership Giving (LG) Department and culture of leadership giving at JDRF.
- Coordinates with Regional LG team, Research Department and field leadership to support overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for the achievement of organizational, departmental, regional, and individual goal and activities.
- Directs and ensures proper stewardship of LG donors in their portfolio.
- Supports nationwide solicitation of individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
- 7 years of professional fundraising experience, with a clear record of achievement in a complex, mission-driven organization.
- Track record of $50,000+ gift fundraising success.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate complex research information about Type 1 Diabetes.
- Collaborative professional who is comfortable with complex relationships that require partnership, negotiation, consensus building and compromise to reach organizational goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-driven with the talent for creative problem solving.
- Track record of working effectively with volunteers and staff through effective persuasion and influencing techniques.
- Ability to effectively apply moves management techniques and to utilize prospect research tools.
- Ability to be effective, productive and take initiative while working independently out of a home office.
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Understanding of Salesforce or other database platforms.
- Trusted professional able to ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including overnight travel and occasional weekends. (once the restrictions on travel due to the pandemic are lifted).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.