Program Administrator, Research
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Through research, advocacy, partnerships and outreach, JDRF is racing to find cures for tomorrow while striving to improve the lives of those with T1D today. JDRF positions its scientific resources, policy influence and strategic working plan to bring life-changing breakthroughs from therapeutic concepts to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested more than $2B in research and is funding scientific research and clinical trials in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter: @JDRF
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Program Administrator is an essential member of the Research Operations team and is charged with ensuring an administrative perspective is fully represented at the program and department level when rendering governance decisions around project-level reports and modifications. The Program Administrator operates with great latitude in a matrix team structure to ensure all program-related projects are administrated uniformly and in accordance with the high standards prescribed by the functional group head. This role's primary charge is to exercise discretion to oversee a portfolio of grants aligned within JDRF Priority Area Program(s). Position serves in a complementary role to maximize efficiency, capitalize on core competencies of other functional group members, and provide proactive management of the research portfolio by fostering open lines of communication with the Grantee Institutions and PIs, JDRF affiliates and Internal JDRF staff.
- Operate as an integral member of the JDRF research operations team to maximize cross-functional collaborations conducive of a holistic approach to portfolio management.
- Manage the allocated fiscal year budgets of the JDRF program(s) through accurate tracking and reporting, and finding alternatives and solutions as needed, to ensure fiscal year budgets are met. Develop and track budgets, RFAs and individual grant opportunities for JDRF program(s) for future fiscal years
- Be the voice of Research Operations in all program activities by fully representing administrative considerations during Program and Department meetings and dialogues
- Provide continuity of award administration by managing all administrative aspects of grants in both pre and post award.
- Ensure all Program awards are managed in accordance with approved policies and procedures for audit compliance. Help problem-solve and recommend course corrections as necessary.
- Identify grant management system issues and/or areas of improvement and work with internal and external system administration staff to problem solve
- Act as a primary point of contact and representative with the research community for JDRF awards. Foster trust and transparency between JDRF and Grantees through clear, consistent communications and expectations.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications and/or Leadership Giving teams to provide periodic program reports to stakeholders and working with Departmental Leadership to tailor responses for audience appropriateness.
Operate with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative. Lead discussions, provide input and make suggestions to improve business processes.
Proactively engage in problem solving with various programmatic and functional teams for smooth functioning of the organization.
Achieve success by employing logical, systematic thinking managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment
BA/BS and 2-4 years of non-profit and/or grant management experience
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide a cover letter