- Kansas City, MO, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director and local leadership, regional teams and volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Manager manages, evaluates, and expands campaigns that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and grows the Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she organizes and coordinates appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
This position serves Kansas, Missouri and Southern Illinois and can reside in Kansas or St. Louis. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the peer to peer program in the Chapter. Collaborates with local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Helps develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Provides management and active leadership for chapter external and community development activities in the peer to peer fundraising programs such as corporate partnership development, volunteer leadership development, team coaching, marketing, and communications
- Identifies, builds, and stewards relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities. Primary account manager of peer to peer donors
- Manages and continually develops assigned volunteer committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans.
- Establishes, evaluates, and maintains standards for all JDRF peer to peer fundraising programs, including Walk, Ride, Endurance events and other Special Events. In partnership with event staff, develop an annual plan for each of the programs including financial goals, objectives, tools for other staff to provide account management and calendar of activity.
- Maintains accurate and complete financial records for campaigns, and help ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for campaigns.
- Utilizes social media to increase visibility and promote programs and events.
- Identifies and cultivates potential new board members. Makes recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Chapter Executive Director.
- Assists in identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donors in the Peer to Peer programs.
- Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Assists with the signature event manager as needed.
- 4+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (team coaching, sponsorship, prospect management, stewardship, etc.) is a must.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel in Kansas and Missouri required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.