- Memphis, TN, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and local volunteer leadership to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
This Memphis-based Development Manager will manage, evaluate, execute, and expand campaigns that grow the Chapter’s base of supporters and revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. They will recruit and coordinate volunteer leaders and committees to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs. This is a role within the Tennessee Chapter, so they will collaborate with staff and supporters across the whole chapter geography, which includes Middle and East Tennessee. As the sole staff person in the West Tennessee, the Development Manager will serve as the staff leader in the market. Working remotely will be considered however the individual must reside within driving distance of the market.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Executes local fundraising events – including Walk, Gala, and Golf – with excellence. Develops an annual plan for each of the programs including financial goals, objectives and calendar of activity. Helps ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborates with chapter staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Helps develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth.
- Provides management and active leadership for corporate partnership development, volunteer leadership development, donor development, and community engagement.
- Assists in identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donors and corporate partners; develops the major donor and corporate pipeline for the market on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies and cultivates potential new board members. Makes recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Chapter Executive Director.
- Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Knowledge of CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (major gifts, stewardship, etc.) is a must.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player! This position may work remotely.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.