- Austin, TX, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Manager works closely with the Market Director, Chapter staff, local leadership, regional teams and volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Manager manages, evaluates, and expands campaigns that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and grows the Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she organizes and coordinates appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborates with local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Helps develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Provides management and active leadership for major chapter external and community development activities such as corporate partnership development, volunteer leadership development, marketing, and communication and education programs.
- Identifies, builds, and stewards relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities
- Manages and continually develops assigned volunteer committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans.
- Establishes, evaluates and maintains standards for all JDRF priority events and non-events programs, including Major Giving, Walk, Gala, and Special Events. In partnership with event staff, develop an annual plan for each of the programs including financial goals, objectives and calendar of activity.
- Maintains accurate and complete financial records for campaigns, and help ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for campaigns.
- Utilizes social media to increase visibility and promote programs and events.
- Identifies and cultivates potential new board members. Makes recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Chapter Executive Director.
- Assists in identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donors.
- Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- 4+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (major gifts, stewardship, etc.) is a must.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- While there is flexibility to work remotely in this role, the candidate must be available to interface with other staff, donors, and volunteers in person as well as work in the chapter office as needed.
While there is flexibility to work remotely in this role, the candidate must be available to interface with other staff, donors, and volunteers in person as needed. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.