- Manchester, NH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Development Manager is an integral member of the staff team, working closely with all chapter staff to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising and chapter operations.
The Development Manager manages, evaluates, and expands cultivation opportunities and communications, that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors specifically in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. This position will help oversee various event activities, as well as provide outreach and education support throughout those states as well. He or she organizes and executes select administrative components of chapter operations that support the donor giving cycle, from qualification to stewardship.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter.
- Collaborates with local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success.
- Helps develop and implement key cultivation strategies for donors at the mid gift level, with a specific interest in Northern New England communities.
- Identifies, builds, and stewards relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor engagement.
- Develops a resource center and assists chapter staff in development and execution of cultivation touchpoints.
- Strategically and consistently utilizes CRM data management tool to maximize efficient and effective moves management of donor pipeline.
- Strategically serves on donor development account teams, to emphasize building relationships that are unique to each constituent.
- Assists with event planning and execution for the area, from parlor meetings, engagement events and volunteer-led third-party activities
- Oversees assigned community engagement activities and helps establish strategic alliances with community organizations and healthcare providers in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- 4 years of work experience including 2+ years fundraising or relevant business/volunteer experience.
- Knowledge of basic leadership giving strategies and donor life cycle.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to collaborate as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to create and manage process that enhances efficiency of staff work while allowing for donor centricity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Salesforce or other CRM databases
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with outreach activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.