Manager, Marketing and Communications
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
JDRF needs your talent, creativity and enthusiasm to drive our mission forward. We’re looking for a talented marketing and communications generalist to support projects across brand, fundraising and mission. These project will elevate the JDRF brand and drive supporters to take action with our organization. As part of the national Marketing and Communications team, you will create a diverse set of marketing assets, across a wide variety of projects, working with colleagues to curate inspiring narratives, execute on campaigns, drive impactful events and event day experiences and find better ways to reach more people and increase engagement with a worldwide movement that makes a true impact.
- Create high quality marketing and communications assets from concept through delivery that promote JDRF’s brand, mission and fundraising priorities
- Develop multi-channel assets to support campaigns and event day experiences for JDRF fundraisers and advocates
- Work self-directed in a fluid environment with more limited direction
- Effective team player who will be in the weeds of priority projects to ensure successful activation through careful project planning, execution and monitoring
- Establish best practices for marketing program execution, including defining project scopes, outlining deliverables, timelines and execution efforts
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to identify new and promising opportunities to drive greater supporter engagement within propriety projects
- Knowledge must include an understanding of both digital and traditional marketing and communication strategies, with a heavy emphasis on modern digital strategies
- Proven track record in developing multi-channel assets with limited direction
- Demonstrated passion for staying current on market, competition, trends and certifications; demonstrated ability to analyze current marketing tactics, concepts, practices, and procedures
Degree in Marketing (or related field) with 5+ years of marketing experience. A proven track in digital marketing; Ability to work in a fast-paced fluid environment, across multiple priority projects, to create high quality, impactful assets. Non-profit experience is not required, but is a bonus.
- Master Tactician
- Effective Written and Oral Communication
- Demonstrates Initiative and Judgement
- Agility and Adaptability in a more self-directed environment
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.