Campaign Manager, Marketing and Communications
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
JDRF needs your talent, creativity and enthusiasm to drive our mission forward. As part of the national Marketing and Communications team, you will work with colleagues curating inspiring narratives, brainstorming campaigns, and finding better ways to reach more people and increase engagement with a worldwide movement that makes a true impact.
We’re looking for a talented marketing and communications campaign manager who can create and execute state-of-the-art mobilization campaigns across brand, advocacy and cause marketing to elevate the JDRF brand and drive supporters to take action with JDRF. You’ll confidently drive impactful campaigns that leverage our partners and their respective channels, empower the T1D community to use their voice in support of advocacy campaigns, and drive supporters to donate to JDRF. You will ensure effective use of the latest communications and digital technologies to help drive significant revenue streams for JDRF and advance our grass roots public policy agenda.
- A Digital Strategist and Tactician– Translates strategies and creative concepts into web, social and mobile experiences and communications programs; stays in the weeds of ongoing campaigns to optimize results
- A Savvy Brand Champion– Ideates innovative and new ways for JDRF to drive campaigns that deepen engagement and broaden JDRF’s reach across JDRF’s owned channels and our partners’ channels
- T-Shaped Marketing Generalist– Understanding and experience across marketing and communications functions with experience that includes digital campaigns, fundraising, content, and brand. An added bonus is experience in grass roots advocacy
- A Skilled Planner– Creates plans that connect with cross-departmental and partner needs; supports a complex organization with strategies and tactics that can further these team’s public policy and fundraising goals
- A Master Storyteller– Conceptualizes and articulates how individual touch points/messaging opportunities ladder up to a holistic supporter journey culminating in content consumption and brand loyalty
- Effective team player with strong campaign experience who will stay in the weeds to ensure successful activation
- Successful brand, marketing, and impact campaigns that articulate JDRF’s mission and generate new audiences and engage existing supporters for fundraising, advocacy and cause marketing.
- Digital-first strategies that can be used by JDRF for revenue growth and advocacy activation, focusing on audience journey, incorporating compelling content, innovative tactics, and out-of-the box thinking to support purpose-driven partner marketing campaigns.
- Develop collaborative relationships with MarCom colleagues (brand, content, digital, creative) on all campaigns including planning, creating proposals, scheduling campaigns, and reporting.
- Drive collaborative partnerships with Development’s fundraising programs (e.g., walk, ride, etc.) and Advocacy department.
- Establish best practices for marketing program execution, including setting the standard in the creation of strategies, briefing of internal and external teams, establishing and reporting on KPIs, and leading the way in innovation.
- Leverage expertise in paid, earned, and owned strategies and tactics to ensure JDRF is achieving and exceeding goals.
- Owning relationships with key internal stakeholders and developing deep relationships that demonstrate MarComs’ commitment to JDRF’s mission.
- Knowledge must include an understanding of both digital and traditional marketing and communication strategies, with a heavy emphasis on modern digital strategies that go beyond paid media.
- Foster consistent brand results measurement, robust industry and brand analytics, and a focus on results to continuously improve effectiveness and ROI for the brand.
- Stay current on market, competition, and trends including analyzing current marketing tactics, concepts, practices, and procedures.
Degree in Marketing (or related field) with 4+ years of marketing experience. A proven track record in digital campaigns with impact. An agile, innovative marketer who is comfortable in a fluid environment.
- Brand Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing
- Agency Relations
- Market Research
- Campaign Performance and Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Master Tactician
- Effective Communication
- Demonstrates Initiative and Judgement
- Agility and Adaptability
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.