Development Manager - Walk
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Development Manager role is a great opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the Executive Director and local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Manager will manage, evaluate, and expand campaigns that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and grow the Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she will organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborate with an outstanding team of local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Help develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration
of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Provide management and active leadership for major chapter external and community development activities such as corporate partnership development, volunteer leadership development, marketing, and communication and education programs.
- Identify, build, and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer
and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities.
- Manage and continually develop assigned volunteer committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans.
- Establish, evaluate and maintain standards for all JDRF priority events and non-events programs, including Major Giving, Walk, Gala, Special Events. In partnership with event staff, develop an annual plan for each of the programs including financial goals, objectives and calendar of activity.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for campaigns, and help ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines
are met for campaigns.
- Utilize social media to increase visibility and promote programs and events.
- Identify and cultivate potential new board members. Make recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Chapter Executive Director.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donors.
- Ensure personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Four+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (major gifts, stewardship, etc.) is a must.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.