Manager of Program Excellence (Peer-to-Peer programs)
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
Position will work remotely. Location is flexible.
This self-starting individual is responsible for driving fundraising success through strategic and tactical consultation and execution focused on key fundraising & stewardship program elements that ensure success of JDRF for entire Peer to Peer programs including the One Walk program, Ride and Team JDRF/Endurance within their assigned markets. Through collaboration and coordination with national and regional teams, Chapter staff, and volunteer partners, the National Manager of Program Excellence, P2P will provide expertise and leadership to help ensure assigned markets are positioned for revenue growth and enhanced volunteer relationships that will deliver successful implementation and financial results of the programs.
The Manager of Program Excellence will champion a strategic and integrated approach to all P2P program development including sponsorship development, corporate and family team recruitment/fundraising, high level volunteer leader engagement, training and coaching that will increase fundraising at all levels while ensure an extraordinary participant and corporate partner experience. Working closely with Chapter and Regional staff partners, the National Manager will support markets in their strategy, planning, training and execution on the highest impact priorities in order to exceed net budget and program goals to fulfill the ultimate mission of JDRF, finding a cure for T1D.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Under the leadership of the National Director and the Director of Program Excellence P2P, assist in driving fundraising success through the development and delivery of overall JDRF One Walk, Ride and Team JDRF/Endurance core program strategies, timeline and strategy to annually grow program revenue, relationships and meet the JDRF’s strategic plan.
• Partner with assigned chapter and regional leadership to drive and deliver greater revenue and stronger
relationships. This includes planning, coaching, partnering, stewardship and high level execution when necessary with chapter leadership to increase sponsorships, team recruitment and revenue, retail involvement and ensure high level volunteer leadership recruitment and engagement.
• Regularly evaluate KPIs and revenue streams, including but not limited to local sponsorship, corporate and family teams, Riders, individuals, matching gifts and local corporate campaigns, seeking trends that will assist chapters and the P2P Program in growing all P2P events in line with short and long term goals.
• Build a collaborative relationship with regional teams and work together to address specific market/Chapter characteristics and opportunities to increase revenue. Striving for and ensure excellence in implementation of all core strategies event sites with a strong emphasis on acquisition, retention and upgrades.
• Work with National Director and the Director of Program Excellence to review budget and forecasts to inform Chapter and regional teams of areas of opportunity and risk for P2P campaigns.
• Partner with the Director of Training & Development on needs, content development and facilitation of Walk training opportunities offered to field staff through national and regional in-person sessions, WebEx, and calls, to maximize growth of programs. As needed, serve as the primary contact for assigned chapter’s new staff orientation and training.
• Provide input and, as assigned, develop and continuously improve resources that support
excellence for P2P program strategies.
• Identify and lead potential national teams in assigned chapters.
• Complete special projects as assigned and partner with national departments when applicable to ensure excellence of the project.
• Significant experience in peer-to-peer fundraising. Minimum of five (5) years of relevant fundraising experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three to five (3-5) years working with and collaborating with high level volunteers.
• Superior ability to influence and deliver results through a consultative role. Exceptional management, leadership, decision-making and team-building skills.
• Direct experience in managing and growing large P2P Programs over $1 million.
• Familiarity with technology to support the development process, including online giving and peer-to-peer
fundraising platforms. Experience with Blackbaud/Luminate Online system a plus.
• Three to five (3-5) years of broad based fundraising knowledge, event planning, experience and skill in non-profit management with emphasis on strategic planning, revenue generation, relationship maximization and stewardship, logistics, financial management, and organizations with Chapter and/or Regional structures.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated competency when handling diversified assignments.
• Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Capability to leverage relationships, both externally and internally.
• Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
• Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, influencing action and instructing effectively.
• Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative.
• Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and senior management.
• Willingness to learn while striving for excellence.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree is a plus.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.