Associate Product Designer
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
JDRF is seeking a well-rounded Product Designer to join our growing technology team and help turn our vision of a world without type 1 diabetes into a reality.
You will be embedded in an agile development team focused on the products that connect, support and engage the type 1 diabetes community. As part of a small and growing team, you’ll have a chance to help define and evolve products that serve millions of people.
Portfolio required to apply. Your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you tackled, and touch on your process and thinking, rather than only focusing on the final deliverables.
You’ll click with us if you are:
- Passionate about learning the complexity of life with type 1 diabetes and its physiological, psychological, and social impacts.
- Insist on deeply understanding the problems you are solving and seeing your projects through from start to finish.
- Open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and possess a natural curiosity to constantly learn and evolve.
- Motivated self-starter comfortable with ambiguity.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and other collaborators to define problems, goals, and shape raw ideas into validated solutions.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions and flows.
- Conduct user research to make evidence-based decisions and validate the usability of potential solutions.
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship solutions.
- Collaborate with your fellow designers to raise the quality bar and continuously improve JDRF’s design processes, principles, and tooling.
- 1-2 years of experience designing software products with an in-house product development team
- Great communication skills. You can articulate design decisions well and give constructive and impactful feedback. You communicate complex problems clearly and succinctly, helping educate others.
- Experience designing complex applications, not just websites.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modeling, through to detailed visual and interaction design.
- Ability to create lo-fi and high-fi prototypes
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.