Office Manager (Part Time)
- Louisville, KY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Office Manager oversees diverse administrative duties for the Chapter including database management, office recordkeeping and coordination of volunteers. As such, it is essential for the Office Manager to have a solid understanding of JDRF’s mission and Chapter activities, operations, policies, and procedures.
This position is part-time and is estimated to work 28 hours per week.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Coordinate the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks.
- Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter and conform to stated
strategies and business needs.
- Provide administrative support for fundraising activities, which includes tracking all donations, maintaining the current database of prospects and preparing information needed for meetings, where applicable.
- Maintain the chapter computers, database and files. Oversee input of data concerning fundraising events, membership, leadership, volunteers, and donors. Retrieve information from database for reports as required. Receive appropriate training and update skills in computer technology.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting and record keeping. Ensure that the chapter is complying with JDRF Accounting Manual and audit guidelines. Provide information to chapter Executive Director for the preparation of reports to the Board and the national office including monthly profit/loss statements and the quarterly major gift report.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure Chapter achieves no significant or repeat violations during Chapter internal audit.
- Coordinate chapter activity calendar and ensure proper office coverage and support for all necessary tasks.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to ensure that the chapter has the needed assistance for fundraising and non-fundraising activities, where applicable.
- Ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained.
- 5+ years of experience (5 + years of administrative, secretarial and/or business experience) required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in word processing software and hardware including Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Familiarity with PledgeMaker a plus.
- Proficiency in accounting. Ability to handle accounts receivable and review accounting reports.
- Ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Practice in creating presentations, reports, and business correspondence.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and work independently.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills, active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter that requires little supervision.
- High capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.