National Manager, Marketing Automation
- New York, NY, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Marketing Automation National Manager will lead the charge in establishing and maintaining the marketing automation system (Marketo) and its governance, associated processes and best practices. Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker yet has an eye for the details, analytical, an expert in driving solid operations programs, and has the business acumen to translate data-driven decisions into actionable enhancements to fuel revenue growth.
The Marketing Automation National Manager manages strategy, governance, operations and support through thoughtful project management that includes Planning, Analysis, Development, Implementation, and Support. The Marketing Automation National Manager partners closely with key stakeholders- Marketing, Development Operations, IT or technology partners to generate excitement around JDRF’s mission and fundraising programs, to promote online giving, and to convert audiences to donors.
- Manage the setup, maintenance and optimization for all email marketing through Marketo and the sync to Salesforce
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B testing, and promotions for successful email communication
- Setup Marketo lists, segments and campaigns
- Able to segment lists based on behaviors, interests, activity and user life cycle
- Manage strategy for leads and any marketing campaign related data and activities in Marketo
- Partner with Marcom Account Manager and external agency to support campaigns
- Handle operational details in a ‘roll up your sleeves’ way — including matrices for campaign tracking, offer set up, and accurate data pulls
- Work closely with web/HTML developers and email service provider personnel to provide and clarify requirements
- Analyze all Marcom mailings to constantly improve and refine processes and messaging for optimal success rates in views
- Oversee and manage E-Comms Calendar for an organized, timely and efficient process
- Manage relationships with Marketo for service and delivery related matters to ensure timely and accurate mailings
- Build an understanding of JDRF audiences and their preferred/most effective communication channel
- Level 2 business process support in partnership with Online Support
- Monitor industry trends, and introduce new tools and ideas to increase performance and engagement.
- Work with JDRF Chapter staff to integrate Chapter email programs with the National office’s program.
- Provide email production for Chapters in collaboration with an email marketing associate. Email production creating HTML emails in Marketo and list segmentation to reach appropriate audiences with relevant messages.
- Recruit all Chapters to join the Nationwide Email Marketing Program.
- Manage Chapters’ entry into the email program; develop detailed plans and timelines for Chapter rollouts.
- Oversee development of a training program and provide ongoing coaching to Chapters regarding JDRF standards and use of email marketing technology.
- Manage quality control of Chapters’ messages. Develop written standards for editorial quality of email messages. Provide copy-editing and usability services.
- Facilitate regular best practice review conference calls and/or in-person sessions with system participants. Develop a best practices handbook.
- Develop test plans; monitor and analyze metrics to gauge success of individual messages and overall effectiveness of Chapter messages.
- 3 years of experience in email marketing/marketing automation
- 1-2 years of experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred
- 1-2 years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions
- 1+ years in process management, and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development
- Depth of knowledge with CRM systems (Salesforce) and Marketing Automation tools (Marketo) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness
- Experience with complex data integration.
- Proficient writing/editing skills
- Strong, demonstrated project management skills
- A strategic mindset to achieve an efficient communications distribution system through seeing the “big picture” and determining best practices
- The ability to synthesize data, summarize issues, and think outside the box is essential
- Understanding of appropriate use of traditional, new and emerging communications tools and techniques
- An acute attention to detail
- Adept at problem solving in a face-paced environment
- Ability to understand and work within organizational political and sensitivity issues
- Solid team player with ability to self-manage/prioritize workload
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Builds rapport with Chapter staff, National staff members and vendors
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business or a technical field.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.