- Omaha, NE, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers throughout the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement and our vision of a world without T1D.
The Development Coordinator role is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with local leadership, regional teams, and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Coordinator serves as a Chapter lead on the JDRF Promise Gala. Development position will organize, implement and expand the Gala by building and strengthening links to potential and existing donors through corporate, individual and family, and other community involvement.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of Gala with focus on driving revenue, controlling expenses, and meeting goals and deadlines.
- Identify, recruit, and develop event volunteer leadership and committee members.
- Provide guidance and management to volunteer leadership, to develop and implement plans and timelines for sponsorships, underwriting, and table sales.
- Coordinate solicitation and stewardship mailings.
- Manage hotel block, catering for event and sponsor benefit fulfillment.
- In coordination with staff and volunteer leadership, identify and cultivate new corporate and individual sponsorship partners for Gala.
- In coordination with staff and volunteer leadership, cultivate, steward and develop growth in returning corporate and individual chapter sponsorship partners.
- Work with designers and printers to develop printed materials and manage Gala website.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and support the Chapter’s fundraising strategies and business needs.
- Help formulate and implement strategies for growth in chapter fundraising and development activities.
- Utilize software systems to track and analyze data related to Gala events and donors. Conduct benchmarking annually to ensure procurement is on track.
- Steward donors and volunteers in a timely and meaningful way.
- Respond to and follow through on inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities. Prepare presentations, materials, and reports. Assist in the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks.
- Willingness to perform other duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor. Including Board meetings and other event support.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fundraising experience.
- Experience in organizing and planning special events; proven track record of planning and implementing a fundraising event.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple deadlines and manage both internal and external communications in a timely fashion.
- Ability to build professional and effective relationships with all levels of staff, volunteers and donors.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Experience with computer systems and various databases. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of Greater Giving system.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.