- Austin, TX, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
Join the Austin Chapter, located in Austin, TX and become a part of an energetic and purposeful community working to end type 1 diabetes. This Development Assistant position will focus on supporting the Chapter’s Outreach Program, overall Development support, and Office Management duties.
- Develop and implement the Chapter’s Outreach Program components including, but not limited to: T1D Connections Program; Bag of Hope distribution and reporting; TypeOneNation Summit development and support.
- In partnership with the Chapter staff, ensure Outreach presence and impact at all events.
- Partner with local Children’s Hospital to help get in front of newly diagnosed patients.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and retention for the chapter.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting, record and book keeping. Ensure that the chapter is complying with JDRF Accounting Manual and audit guidelines. Provide information to chapter Executive Director for the preparation of reports to the Board and the national office including monthly profit/loss statements and the quarterly major gift report.
- Responsible for managing daily financial chapter processes.
- Manage reporting and data management needs.
- Provide administrative support to chapter development staff and volunteers by assisting in ongoing office, special events and other chapter fundraising activities.
- Communicate effectively to the development staff team and to volunteers in order to ensure proper flow of information within the chapter.
- Maintain the chapter computers, database and files. Oversee input of data concerning fundraising events, membership, leadership, volunteers, and donors. Retrieve information from database for reports as required. Receive appropriate training and update skills in computer technology.
- Work within Chapter budget to ensure that the Chapter is fiscally responsible.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of proprietary information
- Work with Chapter Executive Director and Development Director to identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for leadership and support roles in implementing JDRF Outreach Program.
- Assist in evaluating Chapter activities on a regular basis and seeks ways to improve Chapter performance and fundraising success.
- Maintain steady communication with JDRF International and the national Outreach department.
- Respond to and follow through with inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter and conform to stated strategies and business needs.
- Effectively multi-task, establishes priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Maintain a basic understanding of JDRF’s mission and research information.
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and/or senior management.
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access). Experience using databases a plus.
- Ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships
- Active listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.