- Atlanta, GA, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 48 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Georgia Chapter plays a vital role in JDRF’s success, with annual revenues of more than $4 million. The Chapter has a strong Board of Directors as well as volunteers who are actively engaged and passionate supports of JDRF.
The Development Coordinator serves on the Georgia Chapter’s Signature Events team. The Hope Gala is one of the premier fundraising black-tie events in Atlanta -- regularly raising between $1.7-$2 million annually with nearly 700 guests, over 250 silent and live auction packages, 100 night-of-event volunteers, exciting entertainment and an inspiring program. Rock the Cure is the city’s biggest festival-style fundraiser held annually at SweetWater Brewing Company. With over 850 attendees, 2-3 bands, an expansive raffle and silent auction, SweetWater beer & a variety of spirits, it has become the can’t miss event of the summer.
The Development Coordinator role is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the Development Director and Development Manager over Signature Events as well as local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
- Help formulate and implement strategies for growth in chapter fundraising and development activities, specifically in auctions and raffles for signature event programs. Solicit and procure items and provide support to committee and volunteers. Total auction revenue goal is $150,000.
- Provide assistance for chapter external and community development activities such as corporate partnership development, marketing, social media and communications efforts. Develop and implement auction marketing plans for signature events program auctions and raffles specifically.
- Identify, build, and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF programs.
- In partnership with supervisor, manage and continually develop signature events program committees, providing leadership, cultivation, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans.
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event as appropriate to comply with the Chapter Accounting Manual and SOPs. Work closely with office manager and team to manage Gala auction financial records and produce accurate and timely donor acknowledgments.
- Utilize software systems to track and analyze data related to signature events and donors. Conduct benchmarking annually to ensure procurement is on track. Create all descriptions for auction and raffle items, input information into databases and ensure accurate inventory of all items and certificates.
- Provide logistical support for all signature events programs. Manage the auction and raffle logistics and execution for both Hope Gala and Rock the Cure as well as coordinate pro bono movers, auction-related vendors such as BidPal and other vendors as needed.
- Recruit up to 100 night-of volunteers and provide training for and manage auction-related volunteers at the event. Orchestrate auction logistics at venue including display and auction item pick for guest.
- Manage the Hope Gala Junior Ambassador Program. Recruit new ambassadors and retain relationships with current ambassadors, coordinate and execute any pre-event meetings, filming, or projects, create evening timeline and recruit volunteers to assist the ambassador group night of.
- Manage and promote individual ticket sales for all signature events programs. Total ticket sales revenue goal is approximately $100,000.
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics and uphold the JDRF values on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience; proven track record of planning and implementing a fundraising auction or a similar program is preferred.
- Ability to build professional and effective relationships with all levels of staff, volunteers and donors.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Experience with computer systems and various databases. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
- Experience using all social media platforms, primarily Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Effectively able to multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter while also being flexible, collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Evening and weekend work often required during busy event seasons. Ability to travel locally and occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.