Development Manager (Part-Time)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Part-Time Development Manager is a mid to senior-level development position. The manager serves as the lead staff member on chapter corporate partnerships and in a leadership role with assigned volunteers and constituents. Primarily responsibilities include working with chapter fundraising events, identifying and cultivating new corporate opportunities, maintaining existing volunteer partnerships and recruiting new corporate volunteers, supervising select volunteers/committees and assuming leadership responsibility for managing, coordinating and leveraging the comprehensive development areas of the chapter as assigned.
The successful candidate must be comfortable in a small staff situation where it is all hands on at times and will have flexibility in working on all events and programs as needed. This is a year round, part-time position requiring 28 hours a week. At times, depending on the chapter event schedule, the position will be required to work more than 28 hours a week. Our office location is in Independence, Ohio. Candidates can be more familiar with either the Cleveland or Akron corporate markets.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership and committees, identify and cultivate new corporate sponsorships and individual partners for chapter fundraising events and for the Chapter as a whole as determined by Executive Director.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership and committees, cultivates, stewards and develops growth in returning corporate and individual chapter sponsorship partners and Corporate and Family Walk Teams and identifies new volunteer relationships through Outreach opportunities.
- Maintains accurate and complete financial records for all corporate and individual sponsorship partners and volunteer relationships.
- Network with the resource team and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share new ideas.
- Collaborate with chapter staff to ensure the critical growth and success of the chapter.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Three to Five + years of fundraising (preferred) or business experience. CFRE a plus. Knowledge of fundraising and non-event fundraising activities is a must.
- Candidate must be a self-starter.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.