Manager, Community Engagement (Flexible Location)
- New York, NY, us
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org.
This position will work strategically to support the development of JDRF’s volunteer engagement program. This includes partnering with National Manager, Community Engagement to build strong, standardized volunteer engagement processes in order to engage the T1D community to support fundraising, volunteering and advocacy. The position will partner with National, Regional and Chapter staff to ensure that Chapters understand their volunteer needs, and are well-positioned to identify, recruit, train, develop, manage and recognize impactful and effective volunteers who are leading JDRF’s core program and fundraising activities. This work also includes ensuring these activities are captured in the CRM.
This is a remote position. Candidates can be based anywhere in the US.
- Manage development and implementation of National Volunteer Week at both the national and chapter levels.
- Manage internal volunteer recognition awards including respectful selection and presentation of annual Erwin Lurie Award, Jim Tyree Chairman’s Choice and Huntsman Family Community Engagement award.
- Manage volunteer engagement communications including memos, templates, weekly internal staff communication (This Week @JDRF), staff intranet, facilitation of national program calls, liaison with Marcom as appropriate
- Serve as national program/department liaison with Development Operations and IT.
- Resource Chapters regarding the effective use of CRM in tracking volunteer assignments and financial impact.
- Utilize CRM to extract meaningful volunteer information to inform and support program development.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements to volunteer tracking processes.
- Utilize data to identify trends and inform JDRF’s volunteer engagement program and practices.
- Build positive relationships with chapter and national partners to advance projects, while providing the highest level of support and customer service.
- In partnership with National Manager, Community Engagement, develop a plan that advances the organization’s strategies to increase engagement and deepen relationships with volunteers.
- Document and share innovative best practices to support all volunteer engagement initiatives across the organization.
- Responsible for training logistics including facilitation of recorded trainings in JDRF’s learning management system.
- Support the development of innovative processes and tools to enhance JDRF’s volunteer engagement.
- Develop and analyze surveys.
- Support other initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of recent non-profit chapter, regional or national experience, including volunteer engagement and fundraising.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives.
- Able to easily master new technologies; CRM fluent; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to move work forward in collaborative partnership with Chapter, regional and national volunteer and staff partners.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills; warm, upbeat, engaging personality with an ability to easily make connections. Strong presentation delivery, conveying ideas and instructing effectively.
- Up to 15% domestic travel required.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.